Linen B-bag?

kate79

Jul 27, 2006
In NM a week or two ago, I saw what looked like a natural-colored linen First with French Blue trim. It was really pretty (too bad I'm broke right now:rolleyes: ) but that's the only one like it that I've ever seen.

Anyone know anything about these - are they new for spring? do they come in other colors? or have I just been living under a rock lately?:shame:

I saw a white linen Breif on Aloha Rag's latest PDF...

Not sure if the linen style has been around before now?

I know that in the past there have been floral printed b-bags called the etoile

Yes, they are new for spring.

They have the natural linen with Red, French Blue, Vert Gazon, Brown, and White trim this season.

It comes in: First, City, Work, Part Time, Day, and the Brief styles.

They are the same prices as the styles in leather. I like them a lot but they are oh so delicate.

Last year they did the floral toille and the floral black/white damask...and the paisley (hook bags)

Balenciaga has done Linen bags before (check out the thread on ateliernaff - atelier.naff: Design evolution (yes, it's another Balenciaga post)), as well as a Canvas line in 2005. The canvas line consisted of either a very bright Apple Green with Black Leather trim or a very bright Lemon Yellow with Black Leather Trim. However, I think there might have been other colors ... I just remember these two because I have the Apple Green Canvas Work and Anna Kournikova was pictured carrying the Lemon Yellow version.

I also remember a natural Linen bag with Red Leather trim ... some years ago at Barneys NY, but I don't know if it was a special edition.