Lindsay Lohan to be LV F/W 06-07 campaign girl? Spotted her in LV RTW.

vuittonize

Feb 22, 2006
According to Us Weekly, the actress/singer Lindsay Lohan is reportedly set to replace model Gisele Bundchen as the face of fashion label Louis Vuitton. Marc Jacobs - the label’s head designer - reportedly asked her to pose for the Autumn/Winter 2006-07 collection, and Lindsay Lohan who has been a long-time fan of the company and is reportedly “extremely excited”. Lohan will follow in the footsteps of celebrities like Jennifer Lopez and Uma Thurman, who have also represented Louis Vuitton.

However, though Jacobs has made it clear that he wants his next ad campaign to be youthfull, a few insiders believe the Lindsay Lohan isn’t nearly sophisticated enough to represent the prestigious fashion firm, and I do too belive so.

Linsday Lohan has something to smile about, as it's rumoured that she is set to take over from supermodel Gisele Bundchen as the face of Louis Vuitton, for their Autumn/Winter campaign. The beautiful actress, 19, was apparently asked personally by the label's creative director, Marc Jacobs, to represent his latest collection in a glamorous deal which industry insiders say could be worth millions. The actress, who is trying to cultivate a more mature image and leave her teen Queen roots behind, follows in the footsteps of screen stars Uma Thurman, Christina Ricci and Selma Blair, who have all starred in ad campaigns for the French luxury goods brand. Friends say that Lohan is a long-time fan of the brand, and is very excited by the offer.
displayimage.php

Lindsay wearing LOUIS VUITTON SS06 RTW at the Ask the Dusk Primiere After Party
displayimage.php

Lindsay with her pochette onatah and showing off the details of her LV rtw..
24559000743649l.jpg

supermodel Gisele + infamous dsigner MJ + Hong Kong Star GiGi Leung at the opening of LV Landmark Maison at Central, Hong Kong and i was there..

sorry to thread jack*

are louis vuitton prices cheaper in Asia with the US exchange rate? I am planning my summer vacation and this is one of my factors in determining a location =)

Everlong said:
sorry to thread jack*

are louis vuitton prices cheaper in Asia with the US exchange rate? I am planning my summer vacation and this is one of my factors in determining a location =)

no.. i dont know the numbers, but i know that working at south coast, we get a TON (and i mean.. at least a few million customers annually) of asian tourists that come specifically for US shopping.. everything is WAY CHEAPER here according to the exchange rate. everytime 3 black double-decker busses drop off at least 200 Japanese tourists in front of Macys Men & Saks at South Coast... they raid the mall and we're all left with tons of sales that day and stores empty!

frozen7313 said:
no.. i dont know the numbers, but i know that working at south coast, we get a TON (and i mean.. at least a few million customers annually) of asian tourists that come specifically for US shopping.. everything is WAY CHEAPER here according to the exchange rate. everytime 3 black double-decker busses drop off at least 200 Japanese tourists in front of Macys Men & Saks at South Coast... they raid the mall and we're all left with tons of sales that day and stores empty!

:lol::lol::lol: Ya, I remember that when I used to work at Wet Seal in SCP years ago! Those Japanese girls will come in during the winter with their cute funky mini skirts regardless of the weather.

vuittonize said:
24559000743649l.jpg

supermodel Gisele + infamous dsigner MJ + Hong Kong Star GiGi Leung at the opening of LV Landmark Maison at Central, Hong Kong and i was there..

vuittonize- That's is awesome! are you a member of the press or work in the fashion industry? Very cool that you're right in the middle of the action!

frozen7313 said:

To the Japanese, everything that's outside Japan is usually cheaper. :biggrin:
My japanese gf went nuts in the LV store when she dropped by for a visit... *_*

They take the LV stores overseas by storm because LV in Japan is priced the highest globally, about 30% more that the prices in Singapore. Europe is really cheaper as Vuittonize has stated.

Everlong:
If you are planning to make a trip to Asia, be sure to compare prices BEFORE the tax refunds, Singapore and Hong Kong has lower LV prices in Southeast Asia but please DO NOT buy any if you are going Japan. :cry:

But if you are going Japan, you might want to check out the Burberry Blue Label. :P

Itsabagslife said:
To the Japanese, everything that's outside Japan is usually cheaper. :biggrin:
My japanese gf went nuts in the LV store when she dropped by for a visit... *_*

They take the LV stores overseas by storm because LV in Japan is priced the highest globally, about 30% more that the prices in Singapore. Europe is really cheaper as Vuittonize has stated.

Everlong:
If you are planning to make a trip to Asia, be sure to compare prices BEFORE the tax refunds, Singapore and Hong Kong has lower LV prices in Southeast Asia but please DO NOT buy any if you are going Japan. :cry:

But if you are going Japan, you might want to check out the Burberry Blue Label. :P
Yes!! I'm absolutly agree with you!! the Lvs in Japan Is so much more expensive than in asia which useally higher than in Europe and America accept one place that I know is HONG KONK! << less tax!