Limited edition Veneta reveal and some Bottega Veneta questions

Please keep this beautiful limited edition bag. Like you I was smitten with this shade of pink along with the Ayers trim and butterfly cutout details. It’s my first Bottega bag actually. The craftsmanship on this bag is exquisite! I got the pillow or nodini version of the bag. (Same color as you as seen on the left in the pic). You can always get a different more practical bag to use with the baby. This one is just gorgeous and if u love it I would definitely recommend to keep it. It can be a push present to yourself. Hee hee.

View attachment 4007145
Wow your nodini is beautiful!! Great choice for a first BV bag, it looks perfect on you. I’m sure it wouldn’t be your last! BV has too many beautiful bags [emoji1]

I agree, the craftsmanship is incredible on this special style and I love the subtle butterfly cutouts. I’ve decided to just enjoy it and carry a separate bag for baby stuff [emoji4] thank you!

One more thing about the Cobalt Cesta: it wouldn't surprise me if it's part of the Spring sale that is typically held at the end of May in the US. BV does a bright blue about every other year and so far they've shown up on sale--or at the latest as part of the following season's sale. (The special bags like your hobo are less likely to do so.) So have the baby and celebrate with a BV -- may be a belated Mother's Day gift!

That was what my SA said. He said that there is usually a sale and he expects the Cesta to be part of it. I’m hoping that it’ll be so that I can get in in the next few months!

Hi ladies and gents! This is my first time in the BV forum and I’m happy to share my newest acquisition with fellow BV aficionados. I LOVE the brand and have been slowly collecting BV pieces over the years, and have collected a few Venetas in a variety of sizes. Yesterday I walked past my local boutique and I glimpsed the prettiest limited edition Veneta I’ve ever seen (at least in my eyes) and had to go back today to purchase it.

However, I spent an hour in the boutique agonising if I should go for yet another Veneta or try out a different style since BV has so many beautiful and functional styles in a myriad of colors. I found myself torn between the limited edition Veneta and the medium Cesta bag in Cobalt - the LE Veneta is so pretty, I love the salmon pink color and the snakeskin and butterfly cutout details, but the Cobalt Cesta is so smooshy, the blue is so vibrant and it is just so comfortable to use. In the end I decided to purchase the Veneta since that was what caught my eye in the first place, and while I adore it I am still thinking if I should exchange it for the Cesta.

Just a bit of background - I have quite a few Venetas and I love the style because it’s roomy, light, comfortable to carry, and so iconic BV. These are the colors I own:
- large old Veneta in ebano
- medium new Veneta in Nero
- medium new Veneta in Banane
- large new Veneta in new steel (absolute favorite)
- maxi old Veneta in Truffle

I’ve been craving for a Veneta in a soft pinkish color and this Veneta is THE perfect pink for me. On the other hand, I am currently 6 months pregnant and was thinking if I should purchase a more accessible or easier bag for when the baby comes, hence why the consideration for the Cesta.

Here is a photo of the Veneta, sorry about the bad pic:
View attachment 4005629

This is a better and more accurate photo of the exact bag from the BV website:
View attachment 4005630

Do you think there’s such a thing as too many Venetas, and should I try a different style? I can probably go back in a couple of months for the Cesta too but I was planning to save up a bit for the additional expenses for when the baby comes.

Thanks for reading this extremely long post and thank you in advance for your thoughts and advice!
Love this ! The butterfly detailing makes it so special and delicate :flowers:

I’m late to the party, but I would have chosen the Cesta as I think it’s a more functional bag and will hold its value if you chose to resell at a later date. However, you’re a Veneta girl so you know your style. Stick with what you know, IMO.
Congrats on the bag. :flowers:
How many pieces did they make for this Limited Edition, do you know?

V0N, this is not a limited edition bag, it is a seasonal design. The BV website shows this. However, that doesn't take anything away from it's beauty, congrats Peonyandi!