lilac work dye to bubblegum pink or red??? advice needed! :)

aga_famo

Oct 28, 2008
pretty much said in the title.. i would love to dye my lilac work. perfect color would be bubblegum pink but can not find matching color in tarrago color chart - any advices whats the closest match? or any other dye brand?
second best color would be red, vibrant deep red.. what dye to chose??? any advices would be sooooo apreciated thanks!

Is there a reason to dye the bag other than you don't like the colour (fading, yellowing, care and maintenance issues)? Lilac is a loved colour and quite coveted! Dying any bag really reduces it's resale value (IMHO).

I wish you well,

Bridget

You might do a search in the reference library under care and maintenance ... there's some information about dying and preferred brands etc. But I agree with the ladies above...unless your lilac has yellowing issues you should keep it as is.

Thanks guys! I got that bag in kind of .. Rush :smile: it was second hand. Didnt think much abt color. And now i think its not as pretty as i thought, its kind .. Dull? The bag itself is in perfect condition, will try to post pic. Thanks for your advices :smile:

If the bag is in great condition I really wouldn't dye it. I have tried the Terrago dye on a couple of Bbags and while the results are ok, it has put me off using the bags. The texture of the leather has changed a little to being more stiff and if you don't do it properly you can get peeling/flaking.

If you really have to do it I'd really go for as close to the original colour as possible because it's so hard to get into every tiny crease/seam and it really shows if the original colour is much lighter/darker.

I agree with the rest, don't dye it unless its totally yellow or fading or something. The only dye job I was ever really satisfied with was dying my black bag back to black... thats it.

Post a pic here please? I'm curious to see what the color is like...

If the bag is in great condition I really wouldn't dye it. I have tried the Terrago dye on a couple of Bbags and while the results are ok, it has put me off using the bags. The texture of the leather has changed a little to being more stiff and if you don't do it properly you can get peeling/flaking.

If you really have to do it I'd really go for as close to the original colour as possible because it's so hard to get into every tiny crease/seam and it really shows if the original colour is much lighter/darker.

totally agree ! after i dyed my day i never used it once, it just didn't feel like bal anymore.

thanks guys for all advice, i think i may leave the bag as it is.. just got back frm work, its evening here so again the light is bad for taking a pic but will take it at weekend will post. . maybe its just me... u will tell me what u thnk abt that lilac color :smile:
thanks!