Lighter colored Zip Clutches - do you take the chance?

Cheryl24

May 6, 2006
One of the items I pre-sold with the Nordstrom sale was the Milk Quilted Zip Clutch. I LOVE off-white bags/accessories. But I'm a little worried I'm asking for trouble getting a zip clutch in this light of a color. I'm kinda hard on my bags in general. However a ZC stays in your bag the majority of the time, right? I'm hoping it won't suffer as much. :sweatdrop:

Do any of you own lighter colored ZC's and if so, what are your experiences in keeping it looking clean and in good condition? Should I pre-treat it when I get it? It's such a beautiful ZC I really want to make it work. Any advice/opinions are appreciated!:yes:

Attachments

• Milk ZC1.JPG
    Milk ZC1.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Milk ZC2.JPG
    Milk ZC2.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 40
  • Milk ZC3.JPG
    Milk ZC3.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 39
first off, congrats on your new zc. it's a gorgeous color. secondly, i think you'll be fine. i have a pale grey zc, which is a light enough color where i can see it getting dirty if i'm not careful. i haven't pre-treated it and i haven't had to clean it either, so it's not so high maintenance. i keep it in my bag where i know it won't get dirty. i rarely put on tables or countertop spaces. as long as you have some apple cleaner handy, you'll be ready for the worst.

i can't wait to see pics! have you posted any of your striping bowler or are you waiting for one big family picture?

Dang! - That's a beauty!! - I love that Milk quilted line - partially because I *think* the pebbly texture will be easier to handle and maintain in the lighter color. When I compare it IRL to the newer goat leather quilted, I think the Milk is much more durable.
The washed quilted scares me because it looks like it will absorb EVERYTHING!

Okay - I am totally talking myself into getting something from this line!!!!!

first off, congrats on your new zc. it's a gorgeous color. secondly, i think you'll be fine. i have a pale grey zc, which is a light enough color where i can see it getting dirty if i'm not careful. i haven't pre-treated it and i haven't had to clean it either, so it's not so high maintenance. i keep it in my bag where i know it won't get dirty. i rarely put on tables or countertop spaces. as long as you have some apple cleaner handy, you'll be ready for the worst.

i can't wait to see pics! have you posted any of your striping bowler or are you waiting for one big family picture?

Thanks Kim! I did post some pics of my bowler in a thread, but I can't remember which one. LOL! I also posted an updated family pic earlier this week in that List your MJ bags thread. :smile:

Gorgeous!!! Congrats Cheryl!! I think if you clean it regularly, it should continue looking good. The leather on the ZCs have become more durable over the years, so you should be fine.

I have two light colored ZCs-- a pale grey in soft calf like Tadpole's and a PW in blush. I'm pretty careful and I clean very often. I noticed that the PW holds up better because of the natural coating of the leather. Still, all ZCs hold up very well I think. So go ahead, it's OK to go towards the 'lighter' side :yes: Love your milk ZC by the way... great choice!

The lightest colored ZC I have is the lilac so I'm not sure I would be able to give you an accurate response.

However, I do love that milk ZC! I contemplated on getting the marshmallow ZC but I think I am going to pass on that and get either the ivory quilted ZC or plum wristlet instead. I think the fact that the milk ZC is quilted would help with regards to the dirt, scuffing, etc. It won't be as visible if it was plain soft calf. Besides, you can always appleguard it and all it's boo-boos would go away! :tup:

Please post pics when you get it!!

Congrats on your great find!! I really think this ZC is beautiful, so classy and luxurious looking. However, I would not be as brave as you were to purchase such a light color. I had a marc by marc cream turnlock wallet, that got pretty dingy pretty fast. I used it daily, but only ever kept it in my purse. I did not pre-treat or clean it along the way, so that may have been a contributing factor. I think you will just have to clean this one on a regular basis. As long as your dilligent about it I think it will work out. I will be looking forward to seeing pics when you get it!!

I have no ZC, but the two light colored stams. I got into some rain with my almond stam today, but before had treated it several times before with Colonil Nanospray (I don't think we have this apple stuff in Europe, so I use Colonil which is also approved by a lot of bag lovers) and it got not one stain. As it is still new I don't now how it will be with dirt, but I think, that if you treat it several times before the first use with some kind of leather conditioner and wipe it of every few days or when you just think of it - the ZC should stay clean. It really is a gorgeous piece and it would just be a pity not to use it!

hey hey!! Solf calf - I'd be nervous w/ the lighter colors. This quilted Milk is like a painted wall...it can be scrubbed clean; seems durable for sho! Considering one too ;) ;) it's purty!!!!!

hmm well as someone who doesnt take good care of mine i can assure you it is durable! my pearl one has been out clubbing with me and suffered vodka and beer and then even when ive been out for lunch it has had soft drink on it, i take it to uni with me and it is in my uni bag and after all of this it is spotless! so in conclusion, take the chance it is an absolutely gorgeous colour!

i can agree with thithi and say that the leather variations are becoming a lot more durable, especially the quilted leather. although my soft calf zc doesnt get dirty, i am still afraid of scratching the leather! if your new milk zc does get dirty, im sure you wont have any difficulty cleaning it! congrats btw! :smile: