Lighter colored Bals. Would you?

I'm looking for my second Bal, a Velo and the mint green looks really good. But I'm worried about light colored bags.. How gently do I have to care for it?

Any views on light color Balsi?

My first Bal is City in Anthracite.

Lighter colored Bals are an absolute pain, at least for me. :sad: I have a pale pink twiggy and I got color transfer the very first time I used it. (I wore jeans but they'd been through the wash so many times I thought it would be okay.) Such a hassle.

My first Bbag was a mangue city and while I love the bag and have managed to avoid color transfer or handle darkening (mostly because I've only used it maybe twice), I'm planning to resell it this year. I hate not being able to use it all the time because I'm afraid of damaging it and I'm way too hard on my bags for it to continue to look nice if I use it regularly.

My brown city and grey town can take quite the beating though and I love them for it.

The two lightest colors I've had are the first seafoam and lilac. In all honesty, they didn't wear as well as the darker colors but I still loved them to bits. I'm of the mind that the more loved a bag looks, the more character it has. I never wore either of them with dark denim, and having to plan outfits is a pain in the butt, yet I'd still buy both colors again.

I have two light bags, one Natural 2007, which is basically a really light oatmeal/beige (the GGH really livens it up) and a light blue (not Cornflower, but slightly lighter -- I can't remember the name atm it's 2009 I believe).

Surprisingly, the Natural has held up much better, but I have soaked that bag probably three times over the years and spot cleaned it regularly for awhile there. The light blue I wasn't as careful with and only soaked it once and it looks pretty rough, especially the handles as others have said.

As we all know our hands have oils, pick up dirt, etc. so the handles are bound to go downhill no matter what you do.

I would never buy another light bag. For the price (especially now), I rather have a bag I can use sans fuss.

Even some of the bright bags get dingy handles over time (my Magenta 2005 are not that great anymore, but my Apple Green Weekender [can't rem the year] looks great, but that isn't a bag that ever got daily use -- I only use it for short trips).

I have ciment gris (very pale grey) giant pompon & seigle giant city which is fairly light, I guess. To be honest, neither one has been worn much and I don't wear denim with either. I'm not rough with any of my bags even the dark, less $ ones but sure; I know both these will show more dirt eventually. I'm more careful about scratching ANY type of leather regardless of colour - I don't have issues with pens, lipstick or make up, wine, spilling other stuff so yea, a light colour isn't too much of a hassle for me. HTH...sorry if I'm no help :sad:

I like light coloured bags... though colour transfer is a pain but i still buy light coloured bags.. its abt me being very careful and of course, when it happens, it happens... another reason to get another?;p

I have a 2007 vert d'eau. I used it a ton when I first got it, and occasionally over the years. I recently took it out and used it for a few days, including with jeans. I think you have to be more mindful when using light colored bags, but if you really love the color, do it! I LOVE vert d'eau, it's a pale minty green. I use it whenever I want to add oomph to my outfits; otherwise, I use my black bals.

So far my bag has aged fine, except that a friend borrowed it once (a long time ago, when I wasn't that wise about lending out bags) and got ink on a part of it. Much of it came out with apple care, but whatever is left doesn't bother me much anymore, and adds to the character of it. (plus it's on the back side, thank goodness!) One thing I do, to avoid dark handles, is to carry it on my arm or use the shoulder strap as much as possible.

I have a Sahara day, and although I rotate daily my bags, it's holding up really well
I have protected the handles and corners with LMB products. I took her on holidays thus spring, and she still looks perfect. I would be careful with dark jeans for colour transfer.
The more recent bags are more coated and somehow resist colour transfer much better.

I won't get it unless you have more bags to rotate and you baby your bags a lot!
my second Bal was an adroise Velo, I was new to Bal and didnt know how to really take care of it. It didn't have color transfer but it yellowed very quickly just 2 mths after I got it, handles got darken. Then I got a rose bruyere not consider light color but still had color transfer and carelessly put a small ball pen mark on it too!
If I want any pastel colors I'll get cheaper brands