Let's try this again...Introducing My New Baby!

Hi aluxe! How's the bag doing? I've been using mine and love it! But i noticed that the part where the handle comes in contact with the gold hardware is experiencing some abrasion and i'm worried that it'll cause a tear over time. :'(

Oh no, Telrunya!!!! I literally just walked in the door and don't want to wake everyone up rustling through my closet. I'll pull out my bag later in the day and give you an update. As far as I recall (the bag was in circulation 5 weeks ago, I think), there were no issues.

In the meantime, you should take pictures and put them up. You'll be surprised which YSL doll will have great advice for you on how to prevent (additional) damage. Alternatively, you can take your bag back to the store (assuming you didn't purchase online). Most stores/online stores will happily exchange it for you.

Gosh, I hope I don't have this problem:thinking:

Hi aluxe! How's the bag doing? I've been using mine and love it! But i noticed that the part where the handle comes in contact with the gold hardware is experiencing some abrasion and i'm worried that it'll cause a tear over time. :'(

Apologies for taking far too long to get back to you.

I'm looking at my bag and the handles are in perfect condition. No abrasion around the handles at all. There is however a rough patch on a the top side of the bag (can take pics if you like). But given that the corners and everywhere else are fine, I assume I or one of the kids banged it up on a rough surface at some point. Actually, the closer I look, the more it seems as if that is simply a really dry section. Will order some apple conditioner and see if that helps.

Maybe that would work for your bag? If not, return your bag and have it replaced. Please let us all know what progress you make. Again, I'd take pics and share with folks, they'll likely have better suggestions.

Best of luck!