Let's show of our TALL BOOTS! Pics/Mod pics/Fit Notes/Discuss, etc.

Went to the sales yesterday for BF and scored a great pair of Valentino boots for 40% off. I will post pics tomorrow. They are gorgeous and would work really well for someone with medium size calves. They are big in the calves on me but I will wear them with pants and they will work just fine I think. I tried on the rock stud boots which were also on sale but were just too big in the calves and didn't look that great on me. While the boots I got will look great as a slouchy style the rock stud boots were just sloppy looking on me

Lol, thank you. As far as a guy in knee high boots I think it depends on the guy and the boots. Would need to see a pic. I think it could be a hot look if done right.

It does depend...my guy wears knee-high boots all the time, but they are far from equestrian. He wears New Rocks over his pants. I'll get a pic when I can...

Here are the boots that I got on Friday. I will post pics as soon as I wear them.

Attachments

• 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 517
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 508
  • 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 498
Last edited:
I love them!! What a fun bow detail on the back ;) Great to see a pic irl, b/c online, the bow detail looked a bit "vampy" to me. I can't wait to see your mod pic!!

BTW, I was just wondering if anyone was shopping the designer sales for boots this season... Congrats!

(p.s. Your cats are too cute. Mine do the same thing! lol)

Here are the boots that I got on Friday. I will post pics as soon as I wear them.

I love them!! What a fun bow detail on the back ;) Great to see a pic irl, b/c online, the bow detail looked a bit "vampy" to me. I can't wait to see your mod pic!!

BTW, I was just wondering if anyone was shopping the designer sales for boots this season... Congrats!

(p.s. Your cats are too cute. Mine do the same thing! lol)

Thanks Newmommy. I know, I wasn't sold on these boots until I tried them on. Another woman had them on and wasn't sure she was going to buy them. She liked the rockstud boots better even though they really didn't look as good on her. I tried the rockstud also and they are really pretty but not made for someone with skinny calves. I pre-ordered the rockstud booties that will go on sale at Saks next week, they didn't have my size to try on so not sure they will be keepers but I love the style. I always look at shoes and bags on BF, though the deals this year weren't as good as they were in past years.

Ok, here are the Valentino boots. I wore them shopping today. I had one SA gushing over them, he just couldn't stop. He was so cute. They are super comfortable and so easy to walk in. As you can see they are a bi big around the calves but that is the story of my life. I think I have 2 pairs of boots that actually fit my calves. Still I like the slouchy look and I love these boots.

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 473
  • 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 463
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 471
  • 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 473
megt10 said:
Ok, here are the Valentino boots. I wore them shopping today. I had one SA gushing over them, he just couldn't stop. He was so cute. They are super comfortable and so easy to walk in. As you can see they are a bi big around the calves but that is the story of my life. I think I have 2 pairs of boots that actually fit my calves. Still I like the slouchy look and I love these boots.

I love these! The lacing on the back takes the edge off these boots. I want a pair!

I love these! The lacing on the back takes the edge off these boots. I want a pair!

Thanks Tiger, you may be able to find them at a Valentino boutique. They are 40% off right now. The only thing is that they are Final Sale. I took them a half size up but probably could have gone tts but they didn't have my size and I didn't want to risk ordering them and having them not fit. I think Saks has these too and they are doing a designer pre-sale at 30% off and there you can return.

megt10 said:
Thanks Tiger, you may be able to find them at a Valentino boutique. They are 40% off right now. The only thing is that they are Final Sale. I took them a half size up but probably could have gone tts but they didn't have my size and I didn't want to risk ordering them and having them not fit. I think Saks has these too and they are doing a designer pre-sale at 30% off and there you can return.

Thanks for the info. You have an awesome collection of everything! Including kitties!

I love the whole look: so chic!! :smile: Thanks for the pics & helpful info, too. ;)

I'm still deciding whether or not to brave the designer sales in person... sigh :P

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. You have an awesome collection of everything! Including kitties!
Thanks so much Tiger.
I love the whole look: so chic!! :smile: Thanks for the pics & helpful info, too. ;)

I'm still deciding whether or not to brave the designer sales in person... sigh :P

Thank you Newmommy. The sales weren't that bad. The higher end stores were not all that busy, at least in my area.

Hi Meg!

:urock:You Look AWES:love:ME in the Valentino's as Always! :urock:
I was able to find those Valentino's thanks to your post the tag on the box.:tup:
Sak's and NM and the Valentino Boutique didn't have them but these 2 places did.
http://www.shirise.com/Valentino-DW...m-Boots/PAHKIDPAKBLBKGLD/Product#.ULSu2KVJCfR

http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/wo...leather-item-10251234.aspx?storeid=9206&sz=35

I hope this helps any one looking for them!
But you never know as they might be in the actual Sak's or NM so it never hurts to call the SA's and ask about them! :ghi5: