Let's Show How We Do LV Hacks!! Share Your Innovative Ideas and Ways to Modify LV

Hack Question/ Opinions Requested.

I have a Cabas Mezzo like the one pictured. (Sorry I couldn’t send a picture of mine. It’s actually in a storage tub in the top of my closet). Anyway, my straps are shot, the bag itself is great. My question is, how do you think it would look if I took off the square gold connectors, replaced them with thick gold spring rings, and added chain straps instead of the leather ones? Do you think that would work, or is it just too large of a bag? Any thoughts greatly appreciated. Thanks! View attachment 4135979
How about doing something like this with your Mezzo? This is a piano (smaller than the mezzo)cabas grommet front.jpg cabas grommet front.jpg cabas grommet side2.jpg

Hello all,

This is not the most professional looking hack, actually it's looks kind of tacky but it does the job. Turning a handheld bag into a hands free bag. I have Boetie PM which is a handheld bag and I wanted to add a crossbody strap to make it more versatile, so naturally i just hooked on a crossbody strap to the existing strap rings. Being a 2 handled bag, adding one crossbody strap attached via a front ring and the back opposite ring created uneven weight distribution on the chaps so the those chaps started to wrinkle up and the rings started to get a lot of scratches. So then I ended up with unevenly wrinkled chaps and scratched rings. Then I tried to even out the weight distribution so I made it into a shoulder bag, attaching two shoulder straps but then I noticed rubbing stains on the leather that was touching the metal hardware on new the straps, the stains were this blue/grey colour and my vachetta still has a light patina so it was starting to become obvious. On top of that now all 4 rings had more scratches. So I contacted Mautto straps about any possible solutions they had to offer, they were very realistic with me (which i greatly appreciate!) in telling me adding any straps to those existing rings would mean the hardware will touch and rub the leather, thus they could not alleviate my problem. So back to the drawing board. My current solution is threading fabric ribbon through the leather which holds the existing handle rings as a faux D ring (there is not enough space between the leather and the existing handle ring to add an actual metal ring of any sort). So now I have even weight distribution through all 4 chaps, no rubbing or staining of the vachetta, no extra scratches on my existing hardware and I can wear it hands free! There is some restriction as to how wide I can open my bag when unzipped but I made the fabric rings pretty big to account for that, so I can still get all my things in and out without too much struggle. The fabric is sort of hidden by the upright handles so it's not overly obvious when worn.
View attachment 4096110 View attachment 4096111
Take 2 on my 2009 LV Boetie PM modification, turning a handheld bag into a shoulder/crossbody bag. I changed the location of my fabric ribbon "d rings" and modified an ebay crossbody chain so that I had 4 connection points instead of 2 (had to buy 2 WIN_20180901_13_35_56_Pro.jpg WIN_20180901_13_36_05_Pro.jpg WIN_20180901_13_36_14_Pro.jpg WIN_20180901_13_36_32_Pro.jpg extra lobster claw/clips) so i can keep the weight evenly distributed on the bag. I think this is a step up from my last attemptWIN_20180901_13_35_56_Pro.jpg