Let's see.. you all have alligator, ostrich, and croc in your collection...

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. What about salmon? :biggrin:

http://www.psfk.com/2010/02/leather-produced-from-discarded-salmon-skin.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+psfk%2Ffeed+%28PSFK%29&utm_content=Bloglines

Nanai Leather has adapted the method used by the Eastern Siberian people of the company’s namesake, producing leather goods from the skin of salmon. The manufacturers use normally discarded skin from fish canneries, and colors the leather for products using chrome free vegetable tanning.

Thoughts?

2. That's actually quite interesting. Thanks for posting about it.

3. I can't imagine it would be much different than python texture wise. Interesting!

4. Sure, why not? It looks pretty nice. Better than dumping it in the trash.

5. I love them!
    My first piece was a leather bound journal that had this soft suede like barramundi skin wrapped around it.. I might take a pic when i get home! It's gorgeous!!

I also love the look of stingray skin.. I think Louis vuitton makes watch straps out of them!

6. This is neat, a fun way to recycle.

7. Ooooh I LOVE the look of stingray! I've seen a pair of Louboutins in stingray and am currently thinking about buying a pair of Tory Burch flats in stingray.. it's such a gorgeous pattern!

OP, thanks for this info! It's definitely quite interesting!

8. After lunch, my stomach is salmon skinned lined.

9. Now I'm hungry for salmon.

10. Looks nice...I wonder how it feels?

11. haha i was thinking the same thing...if you got stranded i guess you could eat your purse, whether it's made from salmon skin or cow skin... :biggrin:

12. Wow, that looks a lot better than I expected. Oh and I just googled shoes made from stingray and they are GORGEOUS!

13. I wonder if it has a fishy smell! :P :hrmm:

14. sure why not?

15. So a salmon skin roll is now called a leather roll?