Lethargic cat- can barely move & drinking lots of water

It is a b***ch pilling a cat!

Can I get an amen?! lol

On another note, I was at my friend's house this weekend and her young dog is on antibiotics also. It was time to give her the meds and I kid you not the dog practically laid on it's back with her mouth open just waiting for the syringe. I mean, really?! I couldn't believe it.. no fighting, no spitting up, just gulped it down. Such a stark contrast to what happens at my house. Oh the pleasure of cats.. :biggrin:

If you try pill pockets, remember you don't have to use the whole pocket for the pill. It works better for me to break them apart so that there is just enough treat to coat the pill.

You can use the extra dough to make little "ringers" with no pill to see if the cat like them, and then mix them in with the poisoned pill. I also use them for cats that might fight the pill. Most of the time they don't object to the pill pocket as much as the plain pill.

Just tonight I noticed that my Puppy kitty has the same symptoms. She is laying right at the water and drinks quite a bit frequently. She responds to my touch but not like she usually would. She did eat some tuna and finally left the water bowl. I've noticed in the last couple of months that she has a bit of a swagger in her hind quarters but she just started with these new symptoms today. She is blind and does not romp around very much but has been wandering the house this last month more than ever. Puppy is 12 and has always been healthy, aside from the glacoma. I hope your little one is feeling better and pulled through ok. What finally came of the diagnosis? I apologize for contacting you so far removed from your original post but the symptoms appear to be exact. Thanks and take care.

Just tonight I noticed that my Puppy kitty has the same symptoms. She is laying right at the water and drinks quite a bit frequently. She responds to my touch but not like she usually would. She did eat some tuna and finally left the water bowl. I've noticed in the last couple of months that she has a bit of a swagger in her hind quarters but she just started with these new symptoms today. She is blind and does not romp around very much but has been wandering the house this last month more than ever. Puppy is 12 and has always been healthy, aside from the glacoma. I hope your little one is feeling better and pulled through ok. What finally came of the diagnosis? I apologize for contacting you so far removed from your original post but the symptoms appear to be exact. Thanks and take care.

Have you gone to the Vet?