Let me get this straight

1. Nordstrom Winter Sale Now Until February 24, Save Up To 40% With Free Shipping and Free Returns. SHOP NOW
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. so coach will repair a bag? because my hamptons weekend scribble tote is getting frayed/sratched up on all four bottom corners, and i bought it online(coach.com0 so it's authentic and all, if i sent it to them, what do I need to do, how much does it cost, and do you think they could clean it too? just wondering because i don't want it to actually rip a hole in the corners and not be able to use it (and i've actually been very careful with her!)

2. frayed on the nylon I don't think they'll fix, it falls under normal wear and tear. My best suggestion would be to take it to a boutique if you can and see what they say about it. Or if you can't get to a boutique call Coach and ask them first before sending it off. I have a bag where the signature material is coming a bit unwoven and was told that falls under normal wear and tear

ETA: Coach doesn't clean bags at all, unfortunately, I wish they did too!

3. Oh so this happens to Coach's also ! The main reason I was thinking about switching from Dooney to Coach was because I have a Sig.Dooney shoulder sac which has frayed corners and I paid $200 for that bag. Good grief why would I pay $200 MORE for a Coach and have the same problem ? ! That settles it, I'm not buying a Coach. I have had my eye on a cute denim tassel Dooney that's $165 and for the money I might as well just get that since I am so hot for denim bag this season. Why pay $400 for a Coach when thread wear on the corners is an issue there too...if I have another bag show thread wear at least I will only have paid $165 not $400 !

4. The same thing happened to my same bag. :/ I'm so sad about it; but I don't think they will fix it. :crybaby:

5. Unfortunately Coach will only repair what qualifies as manufacturers defects on the bag-- for example, stitching coming undone, or a broken turnlock or zipper. Fraying falls under extensive use and normal wear and tear, and is not elegible for repair from Coach; we just had a big meeting on this at my boutique last week. :sad: I'm sorry!

6. too bad :cry: i'll just have to be extra carefull:smile: luckily it sn't that bad yet

7. I think they had a bad batch of scribbles this year. I had the same problem with only having it 3 weeks. And I know some others on here did too. Take it o the boutique and let us all know the end result!