Length of VA bracelet with links removed

Hi All, I'm so confused with sizing. I tried the sizer in store but the SA said to only go 1cm shorter - 18cm.

I have a Love 16, and small JUC 17 I believe. If I want to stack above Love 16, should I get resized VCA to18cm or 17cm?
I have the same Cartier pieces in the same size as you do and I just got my first VCA piece yesterday and I am resizing it to a size 17 as per my SA’s recommendation.

Reactions: luxemarq
does anyone have a 15 JuC and a 16 thin love?

I have a five motif and had it sized and I dont like that it still touches the lad of my thumb. SA doesnt recommend i take anymore bc they won’t allow to remove links unevenly (yet I see here that they do)

What links did you take out if you’re have my sizing?

Are you wearing the VCA in front of the Cartier stack or after the cartier stack with size 17?

If you have a pic, would love to see how it sits!!
I’m still waiting to get it back from when it was sent out to be resized. I honestly don’t know what my plan is for when I stack it yet.

Do you think sizing matters when it comes to the placement of the bracelet in the stack?

I’m still waiting to get it back from when it was sent out to be resized. I honestly don’t know what my plan is for when I stack it yet.

Do you think sizing matters when it comes to the placement of the bracelet in the stack?
Yes I think so, I'd want it to sit a little smaller if I was wearing it at the front of the stack but I think it's all personal preference

was having a chat with my aunt who has an old bracelet with 6 links removed.

From what I’ve gathered here, from pics, people choose to remove 2-1-1-2. I see that hers was 1-2-2-1 removed.

Is there like a “standard” by SA or owner decides their own permutation?

From what I’ve gathered here, from pics, people choose to remove 2-1-1-2. I see that hers was 1-2-2-1 removed.

I decided that 6 links should be removed and the bracelet came back with 2-1-1-2 removed. Then the next one was done in the same way.

Reactions: Purrsey

There should be standards on the adjustment options and what the end result would look like (e.g., # of links between each motif), that's why they now have the test kit at the boutique with the sample bracelets at different length to try on. How old is your aunt's bracelet?

In the

In the past, many different options were available, for a necklace, you could have an extension done only at the back near the clasp for example. Now, there are more limitations, and the SA computer system gives them options of where the links can be removed depending on how many total are being removed so that it is even. Some are able to get an exception for clients, but it is more standardized than in the past.

There should be standards on the adjustment options and what the end result would look like (e.g., # of links between each motif), that's why they now have the test kit at the boutique with the sample bracelets at different length to try on. How old is your aunt's bracelet?
Thanks.
likely more than 5 and less than 10years. Based on fact that she says it’s getting tight :biggrin:

Thanks.
likely more than 5 and less than 10years. Based on fact that she says it’s getting tight :biggrin:
Oh wow haha yeah I'm not sure since when they've started to standardize the current adjustment options. I recalled one specific member from the EU had her bracelet shorten by 6 links, but the bracelet ended up with even links between the motif as they took out the extra links near the clasp instead. So who knows how strict they are in terms of following the same standards depends on the region you're in. Just check with your SA before you send it out for adjustment so you'll know what to expect. :amuse:

Just thought something to share. For those who have had removed too many links (thus tighter than desired), have you tried temporary solution with a chain extender?
My aunt was sharing that she now uses one because her wrist has turned bigger compared to years ago when she shortened her bracelet. She hasn’t got the time nor decided yet to add back the extra links.
Her friend had used one too, after too many links were removed. It helped her to decide that a looser fit is preferred thus she returned to the store to have the link/s added back.

Just thought something to share. For those who have had removed too many links (thus tighter than desired), have you tried temporary solution with a chain extender?
My aunt was sharing that she now uses one because her wrist has turned bigger compared to years ago when she shortened her bracelet. She hasn’t got the time nor decided yet to add back the extra links.
Her friend had used one too, after too many links were removed. It helped her to decide that a looser fit is preferred thus she returned to the store to have the link/s added back.
I can see it working, but finding the typical extender that is short enough for bracelets can be tricky since from my personal experience, even 0.5 cm can make a big difference in comfort.

I've seen many girls in Asia using this standalone connecting ring where they don't have to shorten the bracelet and just wear it with a singly motif dangling. But unlike the common way where people just use the VCA clasp to clasp it straight to the chain to let the motif dangle, which can damage both the clasp and the leave scratches on the chain because the clasp just slide up and down, this is a more gentle and precise method because you can choose to hook it to any links of the chain. I suspect for people who just need few extra links of space, this would be work wonder too. There is also double end extender that adds around 1 cm of length.

1712867355784.png 1712867922070.png

I can see it working, but finding the typical extender that is short enough for bracelets can be tricky since from my personal experience, even 0.5 cm can make a big difference in comfort.

I've seen many girls in Asia using this standalone connecting ring where they don't have to shorten the bracelet and just wear it with a singly motif dangling. But unlike the common way where people just use the VCA clasp to clasp it straight to the chain to let the motif dangle, which can damage both the clasp and the leave scratches on the chain because the clasp just slide up and down, this is a more gentle and precise method because you can choose to hook it to any links of the chain. I suspect for people who just need few extra links of space, this would be work wonder too. There is also double end extender that adds around 1 cm of length.

View attachment 5981940 View attachment 5981949
i personally don’t like the idea/look of one dangling motif but I can see why some wouldn’t prefer to remove links at all.

Yes I have meant this clasp thing. I believe she had it made to her size requirement ( a 0.5 and a 1cm, among other longer ones for necklace )IMG_0358.jpeg. She says on days she is bloated, that extra 0.5cm makes a big difference!

Reactions: waterlily112

View attachment 5981940 View attachment 5981949
This is a really good idea for people who are worried about choosing which size to shorten to! This way they can try it out first.

Reactions: rosebean