Leather Question- mildly freaking out

kahk3000

O.G.
Feb 22, 2006
Does anyone know if there is a different feel for the different color leathers? I have an origan city, and i just felt a brand new ink city, and the leather on the ink one is waaaaaay thicker than mine. mine seems paper thin. Is that a characteristic of the color, use, or could mine be :amazed: gasp fake?

I am not yet a complete expert on b-bags, (though this forum is helping) but I do own 2, and I am not sure if the leather varies due to color or just because it is an organic material (meaning not man made). All leather has variations. That said, what I have learned is that all of the B-bags should be very slouchy and not hard/thick. Where did you buy this new one?

kahk3000 said:
Does anyone know if there is a different feel for the different color leathers? I have an origan city, and i just felt a brand new ink city, and the leather on the ink one is waaaaaay thicker than mine. mine seems paper thin. Is that a characteristic of the color, use, or could mine be :amazed: gasp fake?

I don't know about fake, however there is definitely a difference in leathers in the same colour and also can vary from each style.

Each one is different.

This past year especially, the bags are not what they used to be, e.g. they're thinner leather, veiny, marbled, etc...:yucky:

Balenciaga has been remiss in the quality control department for the last year. :sad:

they are both from the same season Pre Spring 06. Everything checks out w/ my bag, and i bought it from the sweatest seller, through the forum, and i had no doubts, but this threw me for a loop since they were so wildly different. My origan is really slouchy and this one is way more stiff.

kahk3000 said:
they are both from the same season Pre Spring 06. Everything checks out w/ my bag, and i bought it from the sweatest seller, through the forum, and i had no doubts, but this threw me for a loop since they were so wildly different. My origan is really slouchy and this one is way more stiff.

I don't know about fake, however there is definitely a difference in leathers in the same colour and also can vary from each style.

Each one is different.

This past year especially, the bags are not what they used to be, e.g. they're thinner leather, veiny, marbled, etc... :yucky:

Balenciaga has been remiss in the quality control department for the last year. :sad:

I think it has to do with when the bag was made. I got an ink city in January - it was thin, veiny and crinkly. Returned it. Just got a new ink city and lilac - no veins, great leather - equivalent to 2005 leather. Your origan is probably from an early 06 batch of bags.

After thinking about this I wonder if it has to do with ink being a darker color so there would be less processing to thin out the leather?:cry: I don't know just trying to think of why that would be.:amuse: