Leather Jacket Sizing

abwd

Jul 25, 2008
Treasured motorcycle jacket purchase inspired me. I just got rid of a 12 year old soft and worn black leather jacket last year and have been looking around for something new. Treasure just inspired me! The Coach Collarless Leather jacket in black is something I have been thinking about because it has a sophisticated look to it and I was thinking I could get away with it for work trips (I work at an art school so I can get away with something a bit edgy).

I am a petite, 5'2". I have been looking at the picture on the web site and it looks a bit longer than the other moto jackets. Does anyone have this or can anyone comment on how the jackets run? I could probably take an XS, but I am concerned that the bottom of the jacket will fall in that weird place on my hips that looks awkward.

Any fitting advice would be greatly appreciated.

Treasured motorcycle jacket purchase inspired me. I just got rid of a 12 year old soft and worn black leather jacket last year and have been looking around for something new. Treasure just inspired me! The Coach Collarless Leather jacket in black is something I have been thinking about because it has a sophisticated look to it and I was thinking I could get away with it for work trips (I work at an art school so I can get away with something a bit edgy).

I am a petite, 5'2". I have been looking at the picture on the web site and it looks a bit longer than the other moto jackets. Does anyone have this or can anyone comment on how the jackets run? I could probably take an XS, but I am concerned that the bottom of the jacket will fall in that weird place on my hips that looks awkward.

Any fitting advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have this jacket and it seems to fit true to size. I am 5'6" but it is high hip on me, not low hip. Has a nice cut to it that does not make it boxy. It is not very long, not cropped but definitely not long. The pictures do not do it justice....you must see it IRL....this jacket is AMAZING, to touch and to wear. Perfect balance of classic and chic. Softest leather I've ever felt and so, so cute. Cannot possibly recommend it enough.

Bumping up this old thread just to see if anyone knows how Coach's icon motorcycle jacket runs? I'm usually a size 8 in jackets, and 10 in coats, and tried an 8; the area around the waist is really too snug, and zipping up is not entirely comfortable. Contacted customer service, and am told that it's supposed to be a boxier jacket, not slim fit. Does the leather stretch over time at all? Just ordered a 10, but now it's backordered-hoping they can locate one!