Leather Care for MBMJ

MittenedThings

OK just one more
O.G.
Nov 28, 2006
The title pretty much says it all, but the emphasis here is on the "MBMJ." I've read LOTS of threads about the care for normal MJ collection bags, but from my experience, a lot of the MBMJ leather is softer. To top it off, I can't tell what's "untreated" or more delicate, etc., so I really don't want to risk spraying my bag when it's blatantly obvious that I shouldn't be. I just wanted to be sure that I could use the usual "tools" for the MBMJ bags too.

I know what my options are (Wilsons, Appleguarde, Coach, lovinmybags, etc), but I was wondering if anyone had any personal experiences?

It's been pretty dry these past couple of weeks, and it's starting to show on my bag. I'm particularly interested in lotion/moisturizer for bags from the softy line.

I purposely left the title a little bit vague in the hopes that this could be the "definitive" thread on MBMJ leather care & treatment. I know we all hate seeing repeat threads here. Having said that, to make this thread show up in future searches: Marc by Marc Jacobs, leather care, stain, treatment, lotion, Teri, Turnlock, Softy.

I got to this thread via a google search. Does anyone have any advice on how to care for the MBMJ turnlock teri? I used a Wilson's Leather wipe on one area of my teri, but I'm afraid it may have damaged the leather. Is there any product that someone can recommend that would clean the leather, without harming it?

well my MbMJ turnlock bowler was pre-owned by the lovely thestarsgarb and friday night I got caught out in heavy snow/rain with it for about 3 blocks. when it dried, no damage, it was still perrrfect!:upsidedown: I was so happy! And then I remembered she told me she had used appleguarde on it. So I highly reccommend it.

what about cleaning color transfer? My Fire Turnlock Teri has transfer from my jeans on the bottom edge (cry)...is there any way i can get that off?