Learning about shoe inserts...

boston girl

Dec 22, 2007
I'm in need of heel grips to keep my CLs from slipping as I walk, as well as something to keep my sling-backs from slipping down my heel. I did a search on our forum for inserts, but still have a couple questions... First question: When using inserts does the adhesive ever permanently mar or leave a sticky residue the insides of our CLS? Second question: When choosing Foot Petals does everyone choose the buttercup color? Lastly, is the general consensus that Foot Petals are the best brand to use with our CLs? TIA for your help!

Heel grips have worked for me. The best kind that work for me are the free ones I get from NM or BG. As for slingbacks, the Foot Petal strips did not work for me. When I did take them off, it left a sticky residue. I took my Architeks to a cobbler, and he cut off 1/4 inch off the sling. He did a good job because you couldn't tell from the outside of the sling that it was altered. I have narrow heels, so they were still slipping. Maybe I should have made him cut a bigger piece. As for the inserts that are placed inside the shoe to stop your feet from slipping foward, Foot Petals are really good.

i bought tons of foot petals lately and i have to say i'm not loving them. they are soft and comfy but for my shoes that more than a little too big, i find them too thin. i got something clear from the shoe repair place and it's GREAT. i wish i knew the brand- they put it in for me and threw away the packaging. but i got them at artie's shoe service here in nyc so maybe if you called they could tell you. i just bought some dr scholl heel grips and toe things and they were a) thicker than foot petals and b) clear which i think is better. plus they say they're easier to get in and out. i found it was easy to remove the toe pad from footpetals but removing the heel grips takes off a layer of the suede that's in the back of the shoe which really upset me.

i recently put the strappy strips in my manolo mj's but haven't worn them since to say if they're truly comfy.

hth!

I use foot petals. I like the thinness of it. I previously bought Dr. Scholls and it was too thick that my shoes became too tight in the vamp area. So I guess it depends on how thick/thin you want the inserts to be.

I also place strappy heels on my NP Patent Nude and it works. I also buy diff. colors of footpetals.

^^ i should have said that- i think foot petals are good for comfort and when you just need a light layer. unfortunately a few of my cls are way too big and i need the thicker inserts to make up for it.

CLs + Foot Petals.... It's all about the Buttercup!

Instead of a Heel Grip I use a single Strappy Strip at the top of the heel of my shoes. It holds me in nicely. Somestimes there is sticky left behind on the heels and sometimes there isn't.... at the ball of the foot, it does not leave a residue.

foot petals are overpriced, and a bit overrated IMHO. the wifey says they make the shoes a little more comfortable, but they don't do much if the shoe is too big. suede halters from your local cobbler is the best solution to keep your feet from sliding forward. and yes, i buy the buttercup because it is the most inconspicuous of all the footpetal colors.

foot petals are overpriced, and a bit overrated IMHO. the wifey says they make the shoes a little more comfortable, but they don't do much if the shoe is too big. suede halters from your local cobbler is the best solution to keep your feet from sliding forward. and yes, i buy the buttercup because it is the most inconspicuous of all the footpetal colors.

Can you explain what a suede halter is?

BTW, I find it interesting that before I found CLs I never knew anything about said things--the shoe fit comfortably as was, or I didn't buy it! Hmmm........

Can you explain what a suede halter is?

BTW, I find it interesting that before I found CLs I never knew anything about said things--the shoe fit comfortably as was, or I didn't buy it! Hmmm........

http://www.shoesupply.net/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=30

i've heard a few cobblers say that the only insoles that actually prevent your feet from sliding forward are ones made from suede. the halters come in three sizes of thickness, depending on how big the shoes are for you. my wife swears by these. she has them in a pair of pigalle 120's that are almost one whole size too big.

CL is a totally different animal. it's no longer if the shoe fits wear it. it's if the shoe is hot, buy the available size closest to yours and find a way to make it work.

i was just thinking this 2 days ago when i was wearing a cute pair of naturalizers i have that i forgot about. i was like "ah, perfect fit and i don't have to worry about anything. and i bought them quickly and just by trying them on! imagine that!" lol. cls are an entirely different mindset than any other shoes i have ever had.