leagal rip-offs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyndezu

Mar 15, 2006
I visited here the other night after finding alot of questionable bags on e-bay, only to find more links for desighner rip-offs.
Enlighten me, this is legal ??
if so, where can i find a good one:biggrin:

It's illegal to use the brand name, there are inspired bags which do not bear the brand name which are legal.

And I doubt you'd find much help on buying replica bags here. The quality is terrible, your money supports poor labour conditions (e.g. sweatshop, non-regulated so child labour may be involved) plus funds the underworld (gangs).

I believe those are just random sites google puts up?

All I ever see are elux ads now. :smile: ( I believe that when you register thats what you see)

and fakes will never be promoted here, and they're illegal!

im not a supporter of fake designer bags, but just because something is expensive doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't made by sweatshop labor. of course there are exceptions to this, but the majority of items we buy are produced by sweatshop labor and avoiding knock-offs isnt exactly the answer to ending this. and just because something is a knockoff doesnt mean that is supports the underworld or gangs! yes, true, some might but i also see plenty of families being fed by the sale of such bags b/c there is a lack of alternative jobs that pay enough for them to even feed their own families. these are simply just misconceptions that we associate with knock-off goods because it supports our purchase of authentic designer handbags.

and i really apologize if i come off rude and i dont mean to offend anyone because i understand why you girls love your designer goods so much (as i do too!), but this is mainly why i haven't purchased a designer handbag yet. yes it is our OWN money that we use to purchase these things with and we are free to do as we choose, but while we're happy with our large collection of handbags, whose cost could easily feed a whole family for a number of years, and stating that the sale of knock-offs supports gangs, there are millions of people worldwide starving and living in poverty and out of those, a number that see the sale of fake bags as the only way to provide basic necessities for their family.

sexxiliciousgrl said:
basically, what i meant was, theres good and bad to everything, its just a matter of whether or not we choose to see it

I don't see any good to knock offs. Let's say they do feed a straving family and don't support gangs, terorrists, ect. It is making a company loose money, hurting the economy, and keeping said family from getting a real job that would help them out better.

Status
Not open for further replies.