*** LaVan's shoe closet ... the story of my shoes! ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Vanguardia

PAPER DOLL
O.G.
Dec 21, 2005
Welcome to my shoe closet! :smile:

It's not easy to find my tiny size 34.5/35, especially where I live in which most boutiques start from 36 and up. Sometimes I do get lucky and a certain boutique will carry one pair of my size, so if I love it, I have to grab it immediately! Other times, I get my shoes during my travels or just call up the boutique and have my shoes shipped express! :yes:

Together with my handbags, I display my shoes without the boxes so that I can easily see them and decide which pair goes better with my outfit lol!

I have given away many of my other shoes already and I'm very happy with my current collection.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Here are my favorite Manolos! The blue satin Hangisi and the Marie-Antoinette limited edition shoes! :love: I got the Hangisi shortly after they were relased from the Manolo boutique in NYC. For the Marie-Antoinette, I searched high and low since only one pair per model was made in each size ... I was so lucky that the Manolo boutique in Hong Kong still had one in my size! I was in shoe heaven!

attachment.php

My other Manolos! The silver Sedaraby d'Orsay in 105mm heels were my first pair of Manolos that I got from the Manolo boutique in NYC. I also got the bronze python peep toes, black Carolines, and the patent brown and black pumps on a trip to NYC. The others were shipped express from the Manolo boutique in NYC. The Campari Mary Janes are in patent navy blue while the striped velvet Rara model and the olive green/embroidered Fallonas are exclusive to the Manolo boutique in NYC.

attachment.php

I love the pleated leather details on my Manolo brown ankle boots, also from NYC. My Gucci red ankle boots are so sexy and I bought them in the Italian part of Switzerland. My Gucci black rain boots were shipped to me from Gucci Rome since they didn't have my size at my local Gucci boutique. Funnily enough, for my local Gucci boutique to order shoes in my size from abroad, there's a minimum amount of 400 Swiss Francs. Since my rain boots were 370 Swiss Francs, they couldn't order them for me. So I just went ahead and called several Gucci boutiques in Italy until I found my size lol! For my beige boots I got them from a trip in Buenos Aires, Argentina! They were only like USD 50!

attachment.php

Instead of wearing rubber flip-flops during summer, I opt for Giuseppe Zanotti jeweled slippers. They are so fabulous and can really spice up any simple summer outfit. I got them on trips to Milan, Italy. For the golden slippers, I specifically took the 4.5-hour train ride from my home to go to Milan and get the slippers lol! Right beside my Zanottis are my Manolo tiger print sequin flats. I think this is the closest I'll ever get in wearing animal-print shoes lol! Below are my super comfy winter boots with rabbit fur. I got them from a local boutique here in Zurich and even though they are not designer shoes, they still cost me USD 750 ... yikes! The brown flat boots with beige piping are also perfect for walking around and I got them locally. I love Gucci boots! The brown ones are from a trip to Paris while the black ones were during a weekend getaway to Monaco!

attachment.php

I seem to have a prefernce for round-toe Loubotins so all my pairs kind of look the same lol! The patent red, patent coral orange and embroidered black ones are from a trip to Paris. The beige ones are from a trip to London while the peep-toe nude ones are from a local Louboutin dealer. My Jimmy Choo suede navy blue pumps and black sandals are from a trip to London. I got the gold sandals shipped from Saks Fifth Avenue. Since they don't really ship abroad, I had them delivered to my aunt in the US who then shipped them to me lol! The bottom row are my Yves Saint Laurent shoes I got locally. My flower Rene Caovilla sandals were from a trip to NYC and the other Rene Caovilla jeweled sandals are from eBay.

attachment.php

My Gucci shoes are on the top row. I got the black sandals, pink suede pumps and navy blue sequined flats locally. The brown logo sneakers were from a trip to Milan. Ah, I love Tory Burch ballerinas! I got the patent pink, yellow and black all at the same time while in NYC. The orange and brown ones were shipped from Bergdorf Goodman. My Ferragamos are probably my oldest shoes. The ivory sandals were hand-me-downs from my sister while the black ones were from my first trip to NYC 19 years ago ... and they're still in excellent condition! The beige ones I got locally and are a bit painful so I hardly wear them lol! My black feather Rebecca Taylor pumps are so cute! I got them, together with the ivory with black detail trim sandals, while on my honeymoon in Japan! I got the black peep toes, metallic pink sandals and beige sandals while I was living in Brazil. My patent black Sergio Rossi Mary Jane wedges are so comfortable and were like probably the only size 35 at one of the local boutiques lol! The other black pumps are from Prada that I also got locally.

attachment.php

Here are most of my Spanish shoes on trips to Spain. The only exception are the Nine West pink sandals I got in NYC recently and the black sandals I bought in Santiago de Chile! The Louis Vuitton pink loafers are also perfect for summer with jeans!

attachment.php

Finally, some of my other shoes! The flower boots are really funny and I got them for like USD 30 in Argentina. Next are my black Mary Janes that are hand-me-downs from my sister and the other two casual shoes are Prada. They are actually children's size lol! The white ones I got from Milan and the black one from Amsterdam. The two patent black shoes in the middle are Stuart Weitzman that I both got from trips to NYC. The bottom row are all from my time while living in Brazil.

attachment.php

Attachments

• LaVan_Shoes3.jpg
    LaVan_Shoes3.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 5,191
  • LaVan_Shoes5.jpg
    LaVan_Shoes5.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 5,758
  • LaVan_Shoes6.jpg
    LaVan_Shoes6.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 5,417
  • LaVan_Shoes7.jpg
    LaVan_Shoes7.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 6,167
  • LaVan_Shoes8.jpg
    LaVan_Shoes8.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 5,026
Mmm ... let me re-do the first post. I hope you can see the pics now!

Welcome to my shoe closet!

It's not easy to find my tiny size 34.5/35, especially where I live in which most boutiques start from 36 and up. Sometimes I do get lucky and a certain boutique will carry one pair of my size, so if I love it, I have to grab it immediately! Other times, I get my shoes during my travels or just call up the boutique and have my shoes shipped express!

Together with my handbags, I display my shoes without the boxes so that I can easily see them and decide which pair goes better with my outfit lol!

I have given away many of my other shoes already and I'm very happy with my current collection.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Here are my favorite Manolos! The blue satin Hangisi and the Marie-Antoinette limited edition shoes! I got the Hangisi shortly after they were relased from the Manolo boutique in NYC. For the Marie-Antoinette, I searched high and low since only one pair per model was made in each size ... I was so lucky that the Manolo boutique in Hong Kong still had one in my size! I was in shoe heaven!

attachment.php

My other Manolos! The silver Sedaraby d'Orsay in 105mm heels were my first pair of Manolos that I got from the Manolo boutique in NYC. I also got the bronze python peep toes, black Carolines, and the patent brown and black pumps on a trip to NYC. The others were shipped express from the Manolo boutique in NYC. The Campari Mary Janes are in patent navy blue while the striped velvet Rara model and the olive green/embroidered Fallonas are exclusive to the Manolo boutique in NYC.

attachment.php

Attachments

• LaVan_Shoes4.jpg
    LaVan_Shoes4.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 4,730
  • LaVan_Closet2.jpg
    LaVan_Closet2.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 6,467
  • LaVan_Shoes1.jpg
    LaVan_Shoes1.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 4,971
  • LaVan_Closet1.jpg
    LaVan_Closet1.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 6,261
Last edited:
I love the pleated leather details on my Manolo brown ankle boots, also from NYC. My Gucci red ankle boots are so sexy and I bought them in the Italian part of Switzerland. My Gucci black rain boots were shipped to me from Gucci Rome since they didn't have my size at my local Gucci boutique. Funnily enough, for my local Gucci boutique to order shoes in my size from abroad, there's a minimum amount of 400 Swiss Francs. Since my rain boots were 370 Swiss Francs, they couldn't order them for me. So I just went ahead and called several Gucci boutiques in Italy until I found my size lol! For my beige boots I got them from a trip in Buenos Aires, Argentina! They were only like USD 50!

attachment.php

Attachments

• LaVan_Shoes2.jpg
    LaVan_Shoes2.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 4,685
Thanks!

tresjoliex - The wooden drawer chest is from Selva, an Italian manufacturer. You can check out their website to see if there's a retailer near you.

www.selva.com

I'm actually getting 2 news ones, bigger and in white to match the rest of my shoe closet. I'll have to wait 8 weeks though since Selva only produces the furniture when it is ordered. Sometimes you can get lucky if they have a display piece for sale.

La Van you just made my morning!!! I have enjoyed drooling over every single picture you posted. What a great collection! I do have to say that I am especially partial to those Marie Antoinettes.. what a find!!

Status
Not open for further replies.