Late to the party but loving the Trio

bagnut1

Perfect is the enemy of awesome
O.G.
May 23, 2009
I have admired many Celine bags over the last few years but until recently had only bought an Edge a few years back. I loved it, it was a great bag, but when they discontinued it I felt like it looked dated rather quickly. I am still sort of regretting selling it, but maybe an updated version will come back someday.

Anyway, I am right now on an unusual project at work and having to run around much more than usual, carrying my everyday stuff plus my computer, iPad, papers, etc. I prefer to use a handbag and a separate tote for the work stuff. I recently bought an LV Cluny, thinking it would be fairly indestructible (this is true so far) and relatively lightweight. Plus it also can hold the iPad for those odd days when I can get by with just a handbag. But still, it's heavy carrying 2 bags with all of that stuff!

So I go into Celine to look at a clasp bag and end up trying on a Trio. Love! I re-evaluated my system of organizing/transferring between bags and found I could pare down the non-work stuff even more than I already had. I really love this bag and how minimal chic it is. It holds a lot but with thought about which pockets get what it maintains its slender profile very easily. I can totally see this replacing my go-to travel bags since it's so understated and holds so much even though it looks small.

Congrats on your Trio! Did you get a large or small one? I recently got a small Trio to bring on my summer holiday but I'm not finding it as useful as I'd expected. And it's lambskin so not exactly worry free either.

Congrats on your Trio! Did you get a large or small one? I recently got a small Trio to bring on my summer holiday but I'm not finding it as useful as I'd expected. And it's lambskin so not exactly worry free either.

Thanks. I got the small in lambskin. I used Waterstop to keep me from worrying so much. [emoji4]

Sorry you're not loving yours. Why aren't you finding it useful?

Thanks. I got the small in lambskin. I used Waterstop to keep me from worrying so much. [emoji4]

Sorry you're not loving yours. Why aren't you finding it useful?

Actually I'm growing to love it more. It is useful when I'm out and about on my own - just not possible to accommodate some larger items so not as useful on family holiday trips. (I can see how it would be great for trips where I only have to worry about carrying my own things!) I also used Waterstop so hopefully it'll help but I'm not good at babying my bags.

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
I have a small goatskin trio in navy color and love it to bits. I have had it for two years already and used it nonstop that I couldn't stop using it. It's durable and easy to use, especially organizing your stuff.
I wish they could make more goatskin trio, so I could buy them all. Otherwise, this will just be my one and only trio in my collection.

I have a small goatskin trio in navy color and love it to bits. I have had it for two years already and used it nonstop that I couldn't stop using it. It's durable and easy to use, especially organizing your stuff.
I wish they could make more goatskin trio, so I could buy them all. Otherwise, this will just be my one and only trio in my collection.

Is the goatskin much hardier than lambskin? Less prone to general wear and tear? I don't think I've seen one in the shop, are they hard to come by?

Is the goatskin much hardier than lambskin? Less prone to general wear and tear? I don't think I've seen one in the shop, are they hard to come by?

The goatskin is very durable. I have worn in the rain, and there is not wear on the bag.

I think they are seasonal. I check every time I go to the store, I only see lambskin or some seasonal kinds.

Reactions: eckw