Las Vegas or New york ?

Where would you go.

• Las Vegas

• New York

Results are only viewable after voting.
I live in New York and I've been going to Las Vegas every year for two weeks for the last 14 years. New York is definitely the better trip!

what a funny question. I get into this debate all the time with friends - they say you either love or hate nyc. I hate it, but I absolutely LOVE las vegas - I go so many times per year I am actually considering buying a little condo there. It's just so over the top shiny-shiny!!

the shopping in NYC is definitely to DIE for, but so is the shopping in LV and the Fashion mall has a walkway that elevates from the floor and has a show a few times per day (yes, an elevated catwalk!) so I am just much more for 5 diamond restaurants, 5 diamond shopping, valet parking and everything sparkly and gaudy clustered in a 5 mile radius rather than the extreme weather and dirty streets of NY - although there at least is cultural experiences in NY which you wont get in LV. so I guess it depends on what your gig is.

and I am an artist and I hate ny. LOL! go figure. but both are def. worth visiting.

NYC, I go to Times Square and walk along 5th Ave and West Broadway at least weekly and it still seems like I am on a whole different planet each time I go. NYC is amazing.

I love New York. There is always so much to do and see. We are going again the end of April to see the new Julia Roberts play '3 Days of Rain'. On the other hand, I've always also wanted to take a trip to Vegas at least one time. Seems like a very exciting 'up all night' place. I love shopping and people watching and so both NYC and Vegas are also good for doing that too. It's a toss up.

Goldensx5 said:
I love New York. There is always so much to do and see. We are going again the end of April to see the new Julia Roberts play '3 Days of Rain'.

Me to Goldensx. I :love: :love: :love: NYC. I used to live in NY but northern NY. I would travel to NYC anytime I could.

The JR play - I want to see it too. I think Julia will do wonderfully in it. A departure from Hollywood but she's a great actress.

NYC really does have so much to do. If your goal is shopping and you don't already live in NYC, you'll find so much that other people in your city don't have and won't for a while so you get to be the first to strut all the new designers and fashions. :love:

Edysbgrl... I would love to live in NYC but there is no way... much too expensive and we have the big pups that need alot of space and exercise. So we go whenever we can too. I only wish it was closer. I also love the LA area particularly Venice Beach/Santa Monica/Malibu. Very laid back. Opposite sides of the country and also opposite in many other ways (style, attitudes, etc..). Fun to people watch and shop there as well.

I have visited both a few times and love them both. However, I think NY is something that, if possible, everybody should experience at least once. There is just so much to do and see.

Whatever you decide though, I'm sure you will have a great time.

slc said:
I have visited both a few times and love them both. However, I think NY is something that, if possible, everybody should experience at least once. There is just so much to do and see.

Whatever you decide though, I'm sure you will have a great time.

i agree. there's so much to do and see in NY. my visit was just too short. it's a great place to shop, eat, and sight see.

i pick vegas cuz it's only a 4 hour drive from me. new york.. by plane would take like 3 hours... and it's more expensive.

if money was no object, then i'd visit new york more, cuz i've never been and i wanna see all the flagship stores off 57th. including the 3 story LV, and 3 story Restoration Hardware. haha.

but i like vegas, i can go there anytime and have tons of fun.. and i like it more than i can go there and escape with some friends for the weekend and live by the rule: "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas", because the next day is a monday and back to work we all go! haha.