Las Vegas Hermes

Nope, no explanation at all. In fact she told me two days ago shipment hadn’t arrived. Did say today she had put in request for regular leather kelly cut but at this time I’m not sure I even believe her!!
Should I go ahead and get my bangle or wait!!

hi guys, I am feeling pretty bummed out.
About 2-3 months ago I was told by my SA that a particular exotic kelly cut I particularly wanted was coming in a few weeks and I was being put on list for it. I told my SA to let me know when it arrived and I planned to buy the bag and a diamond rose gold kelly bangle together so I wouldn’t need to do two trips. She knew I was planning to get the bangle for my anniversary.
The last 3-4 weeks whenever I asked about the Kelly cut, I was told that it had not arrived yet. Two days ago I was told that it would be coming in a few weeks. Now today I’m told that it has been sold.
I have been going to the same store for at least three years, I have never bought any items anywhere else, and have at least over 300 K in merchandise from the store including several exotic bags, jewelry, houseware, shoes, scarves, shawls etc
Guaranteed I have not been able to visit the store the last 4-5 months due to a really busy time at work, so purchase history may be a little slow right now.
What did I do wrong? Am I missing something or does this happen often?
I’m feeling really upset- and disappointed right now!

I'm sorry this happened to you.. Have you been working with your SA a long time?

hi guys, I am feeling pretty bummed out.
About 2-3 months ago I was told by my SA that a particular exotic kelly cut I particularly wanted was coming in a few weeks and I was being put on list for it. I told my SA to let me know when it arrived and I planned to buy the bag and a diamond rose gold kelly bangle together so I wouldn’t need to do two trips. She knew I was planning to get the bangle for my anniversary.
The last 3-4 weeks whenever I asked about the Kelly cut, I was told that it had not arrived yet. Two days ago I was told that it would be coming in a few weeks. Now today I’m told that it has been sold.
I have been going to the same store for at least three years, I have never bought any items anywhere else, and have at least over 300 K in merchandise from the store including several exotic bags, jewelry, houseware, shoes, scarves, shawls etc
Guaranteed I have not been able to visit the store the last 4-5 months due to a really busy time at work, so purchase history may be a little slow right now.
What did I do wrong? Am I missing something or does this happen often?
I’m feeling really upset- and disappointed right now!
There's nothing wrong with you or your spending history
Sometimes something your sa are unable to reveal the truth to you
Its beyond their controls
Political reasons are everywhere where right
I experienced this myself
Its totally up to the highest position in store to have the final says
I am sure your sa felt bad too
Look at this another way
Your store your sa did appreciate your years of faithfully support
Look at your collection
Over the years I an sure they did make you thrilled and happy getting all those holy grails
Let not this one time ruined your hard built path
I am very sure your sa will make it up another time
You know how Hermes work right
Cheer up

Nope, no explanation at all. In fact she told me two days ago shipment hadn’t arrived. Did say today she had put in request for regular leather kelly cut but at this time I’m not sure I even believe her!!
Let me be very honest. If you don't ever get offered anything else at this store, would you still go ahead with the purchase? If it's a yes then please buy it and enjoy it. Take any Kelly Cut offer, exotics or otherwise, as a future bonus. That's how I roll.

Hello... don’t take it personally. I’ve Been in this situation at least three times but honestly is 3 in a million... it’s their job
And they need to sell remember they use birkin and Kelly’s to sell another merchandise in fact they don’t receive any commission with Kelly’s and bikins. So maybe they need to sell that bag because another client spent a lot... so don’t worry and continue your relationship and keep asking for social bags. Don’t worry it is the way Hermes works.

I feel disappointed for you because no one has ever promised me a bag with article date and then it disappears. All my allocated POs have showed up except for one long shot and all my SOs also. Sigh.

Don’t feel bad, you’ve done nothing wrong - you have been loyal to your SA and the store and you have a well established spending history. I’m sure it’s some politics going on in the background or unfortunately they are just bigger clients than you who wanted the same thing. I’ve also heard from my SA that the LV store is trying to focus on new clients this year, they feel that they need to grow their client base. So maybe they want to leave the good things to attract new clients.

She did say she put you on “the list” for it, right? So maybe there was someone (or a few someones) ahead of you and one of them grabbed it. It doesn’t sound like this was a direct promise so I don’t think you were played or anything like that!

I get being disappointed but she probably has something in the works for you if she has gotten you so much in the past.

Reactions: GoldFish8
thank you!
I honestly feel that the Vegas stores do cater to a lot more walk ins and high spending tourists who are ready to drop a ton of money so the regulars may be at a little disadvantage sometimes. I have been offered bags but again often have to compromise on size/ hdw. I spend a fair amount but I am sure am not at their definition of a VIP level. In the end though I have a fair collection even if I decide against getting any more bags! I do understand that it is a business and brands have to do what they do!!
I guess I was a little more disappointed because I gave up a very nice Chanel clutch at London airport duty free because it was the same color combination as the KC I was hoping to get. If I had known I would have taken that one. I am at peace now though, thanks to all of you my TPF friends

thank you!
I honestly feel that the Vegas stores do cater to a lot more walk ins and high spending tourists who are ready to drop a ton of money so the regulars may be at a little disadvantage sometimes. I have been offered bags but again often have to compromise on size/ hdw. I spend a fair amount but I am sure am not at their definition of a VIP level. In the end though I have a fair collection even if I decide against getting any more bags! I do understand that it is a business and brands have to do what they do!!
I guess I was a little more disappointed because I gave up a very nice Chanel clutch at London airport duty free because it was the same color combination as the KC I was hoping to get. If I had known I would have taken that one. I am at peace now though, thanks to all of you my TPF friends
That's super disappointing and I'm sorry this happened to you. Fingers crossed that fortunes bring something even better your way soon.

Reactions: randeeh
thank you!
Happy to hear that you already at peace about it.. I was asking you before about have you been working with you SA a long time so that she could put another request for the color that you want when the SM goes for buying trip next time..

If you are not dying to have the bracelet RIGHT NOW..I’d give it a week or two. Just remind her that you are waiting for your Kelly cut, and will be coming in to buy the bangle as well. Hope it all works out!!

Nope no rush at all on the bangle...
Both really good ideas!
It was a croc black with gold hdw kellycut...don’t know how often they come by as had to wait 2 years for this one! But back to reality and busy work tomorrow and probably will soon forget about it anyway
Oooh yes those specs could take awhile. Was that what you were originally hoping for? Or would you be happy with a non-exotic KC as well? It sounds like she is trying to find you a leather KC, but would you want one?