Large bag help/advice needed

foxlea

Jan 13, 2007
I have carried a Flanerie 45 for many years as my ultimate work bag, A few years ago I broke my shoulder and doctor told me to stop carrying a shoulder bag. So I switched to a Speedy 40 that I LOVED. The canvass along the zipper started developing cracks, and online customer service advised me to take it to a store. When I did they agreed the cracks should not have happened and agreed to replace it. The problem - there are only 3 Speedy 40’s in the entire US, and impossible to get. I spent an hour debating between a 35B mono and a Siena GM, as there were literally no other options in the store that came close to the large work tote I want/need. I walked out with the 35B yesterday, but I don’t think it’s going to do the job. I’ve spent hours tonight looking online at other options. They don’t make a Turenne GM any longer. Anyone have any suggestions? I’m so bummed. The 40 was just perfect size.

Reactions: Angelblake
I have carried a Flanerie 45 for many years as my ultimate work bag, A few years ago I broke my shoulder and doctor told me to stop carrying a shoulder bag. So I switched to a Speedy 40 that I LOVED. The canvass along the zipper started developing cracks, and online customer service advised me to take it to a store. When I did they agreed the cracks should not have happened and agreed to replace it. The problem - there are only 3 Speedy 40’s in the entire US, and impossible to get. I spent an hour debating between a 35B mono and a Siena GM, as there were literally no other options in the store that came close to the large work tote I want/need. I walked out with the 35B yesterday, but I don’t think it’s going to do the job. I’ve spent hours tonight looking online at other options. They don’t make a Turenne GM any longer. Anyone have any suggestions? I’m so bummed. The 40 was just perfect size.
I bought and returned the turenne gm in 24 hours. Just didn't work for me BUT I have the discontinued Palermo GM that is a great tote. Pretty lightweight on the shoulder. Maybe check out a few preloved. I also have 2 B35's. I can do a side by side pic if you need one.

Last edited:
Well that was my thoughtt - that they could at least try to get one of the 3 sent, but at the store and when I called CS later they were reluctant to even try. They are on the US website and since I had one that was defective you’d think they would want to prioritize replacing.... I just am not a regular shopper - I typically get a bag and carry it for years. Didn’t know if anyone here with more LV shopping experience had advice

Can’t you ask the SA at your store to hunt one down for you? Just explain that the 35 really doesn’t work for you.

You might have to wait a little while to receive the bag but if you love it it’s well worth it.

I think you should try again to get the Speedy 40, tell them there’s nothing else you want, request to see the manager if necessary. Be nice and firm, they should help you track one of them.. good luck!

Have you looked at the men's line of bags ? I have a Kitan which is a nice size that probably would hold as much as the 40. It may be discontinued now, but there may be more options there. Good luck ! Wonder why only 3 40's available?

The store is seeing how long to special order - can’t understand why there are none available, either. I looked in Men’s, too - seems they have so few large bags - except NF, which doesn’t work for me - I need to be able to carry it in my arm