lanvin flat owners...what do you love/dislike about them?

Karen5000

Jul 3, 2007
I just purchased my first pair from the barney's 40% off sale, and am having some guilt now. I have never spent this much on a pair of flats! are they worth the $$, if so why? I know the soles are thin, and i plan on getting them zip soled. how long will this ensure their longetivitity? and what makes lanvins so much better than other flats, say in the $200-300 range originally? (ie. repetto, etc...). Maybe i'll see for myself when they get here...I hope!

People have been telling me im crazy for paying so much for plain looking ballet flats...and I guess looks wise lanvin can definitely be found for cheaper, or can it?.....i dont have any response to this, because i havent seen them in real life

I have tried other brands but ALWAYS end up back with Lanvin because they have the look that I like. Very flat, very round toe and incredibly comfortable

I'd like to hear more too, about what makes them so special, because I just bought a pair for a good price today and didnt plan to at all!

I can see the comfort being really a great factor, but what about the looks? Do you think the lack of structure is a bit of a drawback? Like a very expensive ballet shoe?

Is it at least partly label lust?? Just a little bit?

comfortable, the leather quality is excellent and molds to your feet (does require some breaking in). also, they do NOT stink even after you wear them for a long time! this is very important! i've tried other cheaper brands and they all smell, and i don't even have sweaty feet! great basic, goes with everything, and it's a really classic shape. i have six pairs of them, never paid more than $300 and i'm very happy with them all.

the soles are thin but that doesn't really bother me since i almost only wear them to work which would be indoors. i haven't had any of mine zipsoled. however the thin soles don't offer much support so if you walk too much your heels may be uncomfortable. and sometimes even after breaking in, when you wear them for a few hours straight the elastic throat of the shoes do become uncomfortable as well...

Lanvin flats really are the best! They are VERY comfortable. I have lots of flats and they are honestly the most comfortable. Unlike a lot of other flats, they actually have some padding in the sole and give you support so you can actually wear them without hurting yourself. Also, they use high-quality materials so the shoes actually last more than one season. Even the fabric ones can take a real beating and still look fine. They are really some high-quality shoes in a classic style so you can actually wear them for more than one season without looking sad and dated and still be comfortable.

The are extremely comfortable, BUT they wear down very quick if you don't have a cobbler put a thicker sole on them. I have a pair of the patenet maryjane flats and the sole wore out after 1 month..yikes!

I pretty much love everything about them. As far as wear, I have a light tep and I actually haven't put soles on mine. I just wore them as is. I can see how many may wear them out quickly though so that may be a drawback. I can't get enough of them.

I was kind of disappointed that the tag on the inside of the shoe is made of white fabric. It doesnt make sense to me - dont they instantly get grungy and brown? Theyre still amazing, dont get me wrong.

I love that they are timeless. I love that they go with most outfits (depending on the color, of course). I love that they are made of impeccable materials. I love that they don't need breaking in (at least mine haven't). I love that they are classy. I love that they don't make my feet smell or sweat. I love that I can wear them all day long and they don't hurt my feet. I love that even though others may not know that I'm wearing a very expensive piece of footwear, I know it and I can tell (it's annoying when people judge you just because you have expensive tastes!) I love the colors and styles they come in.

I don't like that a lot of stores don't sell them (not a direct problem with the shoe, I know). I don't like that they are very expensive if you can't find them on sale. I don't like that they wear out over time and you have to get them resoled (but don't all shoes need re-soling if you wear them enough?) Other than that I don't really have any gripes!

Sigh.. I'm just smitten with mine right now! :love:

They didn't feel substantial enough for me. Some of them, like the embelllished ones, are pretty, but they just feel like they're missing something. I'll stick with my repettos.