Lady Dior vs LV Capucines

Apr 25, 2015
Dear Dior lovers,

I need your help!
I've been wanting a Lady Dior for years and now I finally can afford it.
But… now I'm undecided. In particular, I'm torn between a medium Lady Dior (in lambskin) and the Louis Vuitton Capucines pm (in taurillon).
It is difficult to choose because – at least in my opinion – they are pretty similar: I mean, of course they look different, but can serve the same purpose, since both are elegant, both can be used as handbag or with a strap, similar size and capacity, and also the cost is more or less the same (in Europe, the Capucines is just 300 Euros more expansive).
Can you help me in deciding, please?
What do you think are pros and cons of the 2 bags?
For the ones who have both of them, what's your advice?

someone else had a similar thread a while ago.
i think lady dior is all stitched and capucines is glued, and some people have complained it has been falling apart because of that.
i do like the look of the capucines but because i heard the quality is like this i would never buy it.
people havent made similar complaints about the dior bag.

oh i found it for you here

http://forum.purseblog.com/threads/be-dior.874675/page-42#post-29945539

sealant cracking issue on capuchin or something.

Thank you very much!
This is something important to know!
I think this issue depends on the weight of the bag. Is it correct?
In this case, I would be relatively tranquil because I wouldn't overstuff the Capucines.
I think that what really makes me undecided is that I find the Capu more useful, mostly because it can be dressed up and dressed down (while the LD is more dressy), it is easier to put stuff in and out (since it doesn't have the tight zipped opening) and the taurillon is more resistant than lambskin.
On the other hand the Capu is not an iconic bag (at least not yet…)

i dont know re weight. never had one. just can tell you what i remember from what other people say.
yes cap is not as iconic but i consider it fairly elegant. however people say lv has better resale value than lady dior anyway. because dior is not considered to really keep its value. people dont buy to resell because its not worth it. if buy to resell i think ultimate value keeper there is chanel.
theres something called the diorissimo http://www.dior.com/couture/en_gb/womens-fashion/leather-goods/diorissimo which is taurillion and as far as i know doesnt have a sealant cracking issue. someone else was deciding between that and the cap bag before i think.
there is a bag called be dior which is also a tougher leather but i would not buy because there is a sealant cracking issue on that too http://www.dior.com/couture/en_gb/womens-fashion/leather-goods/be-dior so i would advise to avoid that even if you like the design/leather.
also re lambskin, apparently dior lambskin is more resistant than chanel and they can refurb it anyway if it is lambskin. i dont think however if you are using it as a super casual bag where you will be chucking it around it is a good idea. there were some made of caviar leather but they were limited edition and i dont think they are available anymore.

i dont know re weight. never had one. just can tell you what i remember from what other people say.
yes cap is not as iconic but i consider it fairly elegant. however people say lv has better resale value than lady dior anyway. because dior is not considered to really keep its value. people dont buy to resell because its not worth it. if buy to resell i think ultimate value keeper there is chanel.
theres something called the diorissimo http://www.dior.com/couture/en_gb/womens-fashion/leather-goods/diorissimo which is taurillion and as far as i know doesnt have a sealant cracking issue. someone else was deciding between that and the cap bag before i think.
there is a bag called be dior which is also a tougher leather but i would not buy because there is a sealant cracking issue on that too http://www.dior.com/couture/en_gb/womens-fashion/leather-goods/be-dior so i would advise to avoid that even if you like the design/leather.
also re lambskin, apparently dior lambskin is more resistant than chanel and they can refurb it anyway if it is lambskin. i dont think however if you are using it as a super casual bag where you will be chucking it around it is a good idea. there were some made of caviar leather but they were limited edition and i dont think they are available anymore.

Thank you very much, floatythoughts!
Yes, I know both the Diorissimo and the Be Dior, but I'm not considering to buy any of them. I know that Diorissimo is – in some sense – more comparable to the LV Capu, and both Diorissimo and Be Dior are beautiful bags, of course…
But honestly, considering their price – in the biggest size –, I would go for something else... namely the medium Lady Dior or the LV Capu pm, as I said.
Anyway, the issue you mentioned is something that I have to take into consideration… Maybe I should ask some info to the Ladies who already own a Capu…
Thank you again!

I much prefer the Lady Dior... its on my wishlist after my HG chanel. The capucine looks beautiful on a shelf and empty but when carried, the flap looks kinda strange in my opinion. I love how the LD keeps its structure and is more secure!

Definitely the Lady Dior! It seems like a much nicer bag. I wasn't impressed with the Capucines when I saw it in person. The interior is kind of odd and it feels really stiff and not easy to maneuver in/out of

Thank you Ladies for you advice!

I would say it depends on your style in general.
The Capucines is understated while the Lady Dior is quite a statement. While I like clean lines, the Capucines is overpriced in my opinion. So definitely the Lady Dior.
From a design house perspective I would choose Dior over LV any day.

Reactions: portraitofalady
If given a 2nd chance I would still choose the LD over the CAPUCINE. Its one of the most beautiful bag in the market eventhough it's has no resell value, please buy to love it. LV leather bags doesn't have good resell value too unlike their canvas bags. Eventhough the opening might be tight on the LD, you will get use to it just don't fill the bag to the top. Are you looking for a CAPUCINE in bb/pm size? If it's the bb size it's not easy to reach for stuff in & out too because the middle handle might be in the way and there's a flap to open out. Leather wise, of course taurillon is more robust compare to lambskin. PM size has easier access. I don't want to stress out the two cracking issues on my previous capu bb because I don't want to put you off. It really depends what shape u like on your bag? Squarish boxy shape with quilts or trapezoid shape with top handle that could stand up? Iconic design that would last or a design you love for now not knowing when it will last until/discontinued? Fabric lined LD(except LE ones) or leather lined bags? Bags that has one big space or bags that has two divider which might look organised but it limited bulky stuff to fit in. Both bags are classy looking. Buy one that you feels comfiest and confident wearing it. Most important buy a bag that you feel the quality is there for what you are paying. Don't buy just because it has a better resell value. Good luck deciding!!

Reactions: Havanese 28
I have both bags - LD Medium in Lambskin (deep blue with embellished strap) and a LV BB capu in galet with a python handle. When I purchased the LV, I stated my concerns on the glazing, and it seems the glazing on the galet color is a bit more resilient than maybe some others. The SA also let me know that since it is their highest price bag essentially, that they will replace it or repair for free or will allow you to get a new bag etc. I haven't had any issues with it the glazing thus far.

I think it depends what other bags you already have and what the sole purpose will be. For me, I use the LD for work events, dinners, date nights, etc. I've used it during the day for shopping. For me, the bag leans a little more formal. The capu on the other hand can really go either way. It makes a great crossbody bag (BB or PM sizes) and you can remove the strap and use the top handle and carry on the crook of your arm.

I honestly love both of them. I am in Hawaii right now, and I brought the LV because it is a great crossbody and I can easily conceal the "LV" logo on the front with the flap. it was easy to travel with on the plane and fits the small amount of things I'm carrying with me when out on this trip. Hawaii (at least where we are) leans much more casual and this bag fits in. The LD would not as much in my opinion. I think I admire the craftsmanship of the Dior more - I do not see as many people with Dior - even though I don't see many of the capucines bags either. Resale wasn't a factor for me, I don't plan on selling either bag. I have pictures posted of both on the forum, under Dior and a reveal for the LV. I'll try to find those and post the links.

I hope this helps! Let us know what you decide. What colors are you leaning towards or did I miss that?

xx