Lady Dior two-toned red/burgundy

michikichi

Feb 21, 2023
Hello,

I'm looking for a red or burgundy bag and I wanted to add a Lady Dior.
So when I saw this new small Lady Dior in the red and burgundy colorway, I thought it would be the perfect bag for me.
But I'm not 100% sure whether this version is a good idea in the long term. It would be my first Lady Dior and I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better if I buy a simple Lady Dior in red or burgundy.

What do you think?

Thank you :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_0806.jpeg
    IMG_0806.jpeg
    74.8 KB · Views: 25
Hello,

So when I saw this new small Lady Dior in the red and burgundy colorway, I thought it would be the perfect bag for me.
But I'm not 100% sure whether this version is a good idea in the long term. It would be my first Lady Dior and I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better if I buy a simple Lady Dior in red or burgundy.

What do you think?

Personally, I would go with either red or burgundy. JMHO, but I’m not a fan of the combo you posted (and I love those colors). I find the solid colors to be a more classic and clean option, that will never go out of style. When I was looking to buy my LD, I fell in love with the gray (I believe) gradient - it was stunning. I ended up going with black, and I don’t regret my decision.

Dior bags don’t really hold their value on the resale market, so in that sense, solid vs. colorway really won’t matter.

That being said, you’re the one that will be using the bag, and you should always go with what makes you happiest!

I like bags that are more interesting and unique and buy for my own enjoyment instead of worrying about what may be considered "classic" or potential future resale value. I would encourage you to go with what makes your heart sing. But I suggest trying the size in person if you haven't already. I recently bought a small Lady Dior and am in love with the print but find the interior quite small. Depends how you plan to use, but I find the medium better size for a daily use type bag.

Last edited:
Reactions: michikichi
Hello,

What do you think?

Omg that looks so good

Personally, I would go with either red or burgundy. JMHO, but I’m not a fan of the combo you posted (and I love those colors). I find the solid colors to be a more classic and clean option, that will never go out of style. When I was looking to buy my LD, I fell in love with the gray (I believe) gradient - it was stunning. I ended up going with black, and I don’t regret my decision.

Dior bags don’t really hold their value on the resale market, so in that sense, solid vs. colorway really won’t matter.

That being said, you’re the one that will be using the bag, and you should always go with what makes you happiest!
I like bags that are more interesting and unique and buy for my own enjoyment instead of worrying about what may be considered "classic" or potential future resale value. I would encourage you to go with what makes your heart sing. But I suggest trying the size in person if you haven't already. I recently bought a small Lady Dior and am in love with the print but find the interior quite small. Depends how you plan to use, but I find the medium better size for a daily use type bag.
Thank you so much for your input, it helps me a lot!

I definitly buy bags because I love them and I want to keep them forever.

At this price, I want to be sure that I'll still love the bag in a few years' time and that I won't get bored of the bicolor version.

I tried this bag in real life and it is stunning, the colors are so beautiful.
Maybe I'll try the all red one next.

For the size I know that the small will fit best with my lifestyle.

Attachments

• IMG_0684.jpeg
    IMG_0684.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 29
Go to the boutique in your regular outfit, and try it on. Buy what makes your heart sing. I personally think the bicolour is interesting but not too much as it’s still red (different shades that’s all)

I personally love it, I think they also have a pink and white version that I admired. I think they have done tri or bicolor before and Chanel does bicolor, so just bc it’s a little different doesn’t mean it’s not still very classic. I say if you love the colors go for it!