Lady Dior Medium Vs. Small

Feb 18, 2014
Hello Ladies,
I have a medium Lady Dior in lotus color but thinking to sell it to get a small Lady Dior. What is everyone's thought on Medium vs Small. I am eyeing a blush ( Fard) small Lady Dior, is that color more versatile than lotus. Would love your option:smile:

Reactions: BagLadyT
I’ve only just purchased my first LD in medium size and love it! After the pandemic it will be a daily bag. I have now been looking at the small (myABCdior) size as well because they are so adorable and a great evening bag. I would say you need both.
I made the mistake with my Chanel CF’s of starting out too small (no Chanel boutique in Charleston to try them on, bought in ‘new condition from Fashionphile). Got the square mini for evenings and small CF for daily bag. The small turns out to be perfect as an evening bag but too small for a day bag, the square mini is just too small (for my phone), and am just now purchasing a M/L CF for a day bag. I’m ending up with 3 sizes CF’s but will probably gift the square mini to my daughter.
I was more careful this time and watched multiple vids of what fits in each size of LD before purchasing from the Dior website (again, no Dior in Charleston either). I realized immediately that the ABCdior would be too small for me as a daily bag. I can see myself purchasing the medium in a couple more colors, and one ABC in black. In the end it’s such a personal decision and it really comes down to what you’re using it for and how much you carry.
Happy shopping and I hope you end up being super happy with whichever way you decide to go!

I’ve only just purchased my first LD in medium size and love it! After the pandemic it will be a daily bag. I have now been looking at the small (myABCdior) size as well because they are so adorable and a great evening bag. I would say you need both.
I made the mistake with my Chanel CF’s of starting out too small (no Chanel boutique in Charleston to try them on, bought in ‘new condition from Fashionphile). Got the square mini for evenings and small CF for daily bag. The small turns out to be perfect as an evening bag but too small for a day bag, the square mini is just too small (for my phone), and am just now purchasing a M/L CF for a day bag. I’m ending up with 3 sizes CF’s but will probably gift the square mini to my daughter.
I was more careful this time and watched multiple vids of what fits in each size of LD before purchasing from the Dior website (again, no Dior in Charleston either). I realized immediately that the ABCdior would be too small for me as a daily bag. I can see myself purchasing the medium in a couple more colors, and one ABC in black. In the end it’s such a personal decision and it really comes down to what you’re using it for and how much you carry.
Happy shopping and I hope you end up being super happy with whichever way you decide to go!
Thanks so much for this info! Yes, I got my Chanel CF small in black recently and loved it, I only plan to use mainly for evening occasions so that worked out for me :smile: I do love my Lady Dior medium ( pearlized lotus color) but I did not get to wear as often as I wish, I was more concerned about staining the beautiful light color.
I was initially debating to let her go for a myABCdior if that could be both a day and evening bag but I guess better to just add a small to my collection since they serve different purposes, so hard to let them go! :loveeyes:

I have 3 sizes. Mini, small and medium. For me personally, i think small is the best size. Not too small and not too big. The small is enough to fill all of your essentials with room to spare. Definitely go for the small.

I have the small in Fard color and I think it is such a beautiful color.

oh nice, thanks so much! Yes, my medium is the one with the zipper and so I would prefer a flap as it would be easier to put things into the bag. I am totally eyeing the fard color :smile: as I usually like to carry bags either as a top handle or crossbody. I also want a color that works from day to night ❤️

My medium is also the one with the zipper.

Fard is a really nice color.

oh nice, thanks so much! Yes, my medium is the one with the zipper and so I would prefer a flap as it would be easier to put things into the bag. I am totally eyeing the fard color :smile: as I usually like to carry bags either as a top handle or crossbody. I also want a color that works from day to night ❤

Reactions: Classiclover
My thought process for buying the ABC one was to use it as a special occasion/evening bag. I wear a lot of red in eve, red lipstick, etc so I bought cherry red ABC. For every day use, I use my Chanel Jumbo or the LV graceful as I carry a lot when I am outside running errands. Plus I loved the idea of personalizing it :biggrin:

Reactions: Classiclover
My thought process for buying the ABC one was to use it as a special occasion/evening bag. I wear a lot of red in eve, red lipstick, etc so I bought cherry red ABC. For every day use, I use my Chanel Jumbo or the LV graceful as I carry a lot when I am outside running errands. Plus I loved the idea of personalizing it :biggrin:
I see, that's great! Lady Dior is such an elegant bag for evening wear, I love the cherry red color, so gorgeous :loveeyes: I do not get use my medium much for day time as I prefer crossbody bags style and Medium that I have is too big for that. Can't wait to get a small!

Reactions: luxsal
I’m personally a bit tired of small bags and I like the Lady Dior medium. However, my lifestyle is relatively casual and I’m fine with the medium transitioning from a day of errands into dinner at a nice restaurant. I’m 5’2 but medium build, not as petite as some of the members here, and medium looks good against my frame. Of course, sometimes it’s a bit bulky if it’s tucked behind me on my restaurant chair. also, a boxy bag like this will also appear bigger worn crossbody or if it’s a lighter color.
E02C0E9F-A2C9-4488-B376-4D27814D2FFA.jpegC13C55A0-9918-4AD0-9E5D-7ACDC884DB15.jpeg5F1CB158-CBF1-4396-BCD9-BAD502D0DE06.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m personally a bit tired of small bags and I like the Lady Dior medium. However, my lifestyle is relatively casual and I’m fine with the medium transitioning from a day of errands into dinner at a nice restaurant. I’m 5’2 but medium build, not as petite as some of the members here, and medium looks good against my frame. Of course, sometimes it’s a bit bulky if it’s tucked behind me on my restaurant chair. also, a boxy bag like this will also appear bigger worn crossbody or if it’s a lighter color.
View attachment 5159595View attachment 5159596View attachment 5159597
Oh the bag looks so nice on you ❤️
I did not end up selling my bag . I have a sentimental attachment to it, just I don’t use it quite often :sad: as it is in lamb skin and the color is light so I am afraid to ruin it. Thanks again for your kind input :smile:

• Thanks
Reactions: 880