Lady Dior lovers.. please come in here for a minute!

Hello there,

So I have a small dilemma :smile:

I purchased a black vintage lady dior last year from a designer consignment store online.. when I got the bag there was heavy structure loss and the quilting was not super puffy...at the time, I contemplated returning it but then I ended up keeping it because the more "structured/quilted" one was $1000 more...now I started to have regrets after seeing a girl on the subway today with a crisp red one.. and I was like wow.. it looks so beautiful... my question is: should I return my existing one back to the consignement store and lose 30-40& on their "buy it back" policy which works out to be 5-600 dollars OR should I suck it up and keep it?

Oh, very tough spot. I feel for you...have been there way too many times to count.
Have usually ended up selling at a loss...should have waited for price increases before doing so, but have a bad feeling when things are just sitting in the closet for a while.
So, I would probably do the sell back. Then get the one you really want. Otherwise, for me, the issue would continue to bother me. But, I understand that the $ loss may be too much as well.
Wish you the best and GL!

+1

I am not sure about you but what happened to me next is I started to pay more attention to perfect shape bags on others shoulder

So if that is what will happen to you then I'd say sell it back and get the one you want

Oh, very tough spot. I feel for you...have been there way too many times to count.
Have usually ended up selling at a loss...should have waited for price increases before doing so, but have a bad feeling when things are just sitting in the closet for a while.
So, I would probably do the sell back. Then get the one you really want. Otherwise, for me, the issue would continue to bother me. But, I understand that the $ loss may be too much as well.
Wish you the best and GL!

I dunno what is the exact condition of ur current LD..
So. . There are 2 things i may consider. .
1.. use it. Since it is in a very used condition. . Continue using it. . And itz great u dun hv to baby it.
U can make it perky by dressing it with Bag charms or twilly... it will look more refreshed definitely.
2. If it still bothers you. .. then sell it back.

I will keep it. . And use it as a daily work horse..

Perhaps can also consider getting a brand new piece and use it for occasions.

Would you like to sell it on Ebay? You can get more that way, although you also take the risk of fraudulent behaviour from buyers.

If not, then I still suggest you sell it back to the store. You now see your bag a bit differently, which I think is enough of a reason to get some money back for it to fund a new Lady Dior.

I agree, you might want to sell it and get the bag you want.

Try Tradesy or Shop-Hers. They take less on their commission than selling the bag back to the consignment shop. They're better than EBay since you don't have to worry about the new 180 day return policy.

I agree, you might want to sell it and get the bag you want.

Try Tradesy or Shop-Hers. They take less on their commission than selling the bag back to the consignment shop. They're better than EBay since you don't have to worry about the new 180 day return policy.

Ebay has a 180-day return policy now? That's ridiculous! Forget what I said about selling on Ebay. They have gone too far to enable buyers' remorse. Larger companies can afford that because they have the capital to "absorb" small losses, but this can't be expected from private sellers.

Ebay has a 180-day return policy now? That's ridiculous! Forget what I said about selling on Ebay. They have gone too far to enable buyers' remorse. Larger companies can afford that because they have the capital to "absorb" small losses, but this can't be expected from private sellers.

It was implemented by PayPal as of November 15th of last year. But since almost everyone who buys on eBay pays with PayPal, you can say that EBay also has to abide by that rule. The buyer would just have to file the case on PayPal and not EBay.

If you jump over to the eBay forum, lots of members have talked about people "renting" preloved items for weeks and then returning the item within the 45 day return policy (old PayPal policy). With the new policy, you can keep and use some of those items for a whole season (or two) AND return them afterwards. It's so crazy and full-on buyer-oriented. I no longer recommend eBay now that there are other competing online resell sites.

Thanks again for your feedback ladies... someone had asked me to post some pics of the bag so I have attached a couple for you all to see...

Attachments

• photo-135.JPG
    photo-135.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 505
  • photo-134.JPG
    photo-134.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 511
  • photo-133.JPG
    photo-133.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 503
It was implemented by PayPal as of November 15th of last year. But since almost everyone who buys on eBay pays with PayPal, you can say that EBay also has to abide by that rule. The buyer would just have to file the case on PayPal and not EBay.

If you jump over to the eBay forum, lots of members have talked about people "renting" preloved items for weeks and then returning the item within the 45 day return policy (old PayPal policy). With the new policy, you can keep and use some of those items for a whole season (or two) AND return them afterwards. It's so crazy and full-on buyer-oriented. I no longer recommend eBay now that there are other competing online resell sites.

Thank you for the information. I feel sorry for all the legitimate sellers out there who sell on Ebay.