Lady Dior Lotus Pearl colour - not as shiny in person, please help!

ishiSharma

Jan 30, 2019
I have been eyeing the Lady Dior bag in Lotus Pearl colour, and have been checking out the pics and videos of the bag. However, recently when I visited the store in Melbourne (Australia) Chadstone store I found the colour to be a bit different to the pictures I've seen.
It didn't have that sheen, buttery look as can be seen in all the videos and pics on YouTube, purse blog forums etc. It looks a bit lighter more like light pink. I thought it could be cause of the lighting but when I compare it to the pictures posted everywhere, and even videos people have posted I can see the material being a bit shiny. I'm really confused cause I loved it in the pictures I saw! I know it's probably not true but do you know if they have changed the material recently for this colour?
These are the pictures I took today of the bag - tell me what do you guys think? Is it the same as Lotus Pearl that some of you may have?

Attachments

• 20190131_124836.jpg
    20190131_124836.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 716
  • 20190131_124828.jpg
    20190131_124828.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 697
Last edited:
Reactions: Nana97
I have been eyeing the Lady Dior bag in Lotus Pearl colour, and have been checking out the pics and videos of the bag. However, recently when I visited the store in Melbourne (Australia) Chadstone store I found the colour to be a bit different to the pictures I've seen.
It didn't have that sheen, buttery look as can be seen in all the videos and pics on YouTube, purse blog forums etc. It looks a bit lighter more like light pink. I thought it could be cause of the lighting but when I compare it to the pictures posted everywhere, and even videos people have posted I can see the material being a bit shiny. I'm really confused cause I loved it in the pictures I saw! I know it's probably not true but do you know if they have changed the material recently for this colour?
These are the pictures I took today of the bag - tell me what do you guys think? Is it the same as Lotus Pearl that some of you may have?
This looks more like the old Rose Poudre, which is not iridescent. Did the SA mix up the colours? Maybe it's the lighting. I can't tell if there is the slightest hint of iridescence in the first photo you posted. It doesn't show in the second picture at all.

These are pictures from @shoesshoeshoes . You'll notice the colour looks darker in these photos than the colour of the one you posted.
image-jpg.3660971
image-jpg.3660974

Thanks girls!! That was really helpful. Yeah I totally agree it doesn't look like the lotus pearl I have seen in pictures too which looks amazing! I saw a picture on my phone from 2017 december of a similiar colour lady dior bag that I posted and the SA wrote the colour as "Pearl Pink" M15P. I'll probably visit another store to check out the Lotus colour again. I'll keep you guys posted!!

Last edited:
Reactions: averagejoe
Hi everyone! I went to another store and they showed me the same bag. I showed the SA all the different pictures of Lotus pearly and she insisted that it looks shinier because of the lighting but it's the same colour. This time I took a few different shots in direct lighting. What do guys think? I still dont get it why its not that darker shade of pink as in the picture above.. That shade looks so good!

Attachments

• 20190202_142052.jpg
    20190202_142052.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 516
  • 20190202_142048.jpg
    20190202_142048.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 514
  • Screenshot_20190202-145302_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20190202-145302_Video Player.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 514
Hi everyone! I went to another store and they showed me the same bag. I showed the SA all the different pictures of Lotus pearly and she insisted that it looks shinier because of the lighting but it's the same colour. This time I took a few different shots in direct lighting. What do guys think? I still dont get it why its not that darker shade of pink as in the picture above.. That shade looks so good!
This is the pearlized lotus. It was the lighting all along.

Maybe they did modify the colour, or maybe it will look like the darker version when you take it home where the lighting is different.