Lady Dior hardware

I bought a mini lady Dior recently and the hardware is scratched very easily. Is it advisable to paste protective stickers on the hardware?

Thanks in advance!
You can if you want, but it will make the charms and grommets look weird if you keep protective plastic on them. May I suggest putting the D I R charms behind the leather circle when you are moving around with the bag to reduce the scratching on the charms? You can move them back to the front when you are at your destination. It is their swinging motion when you are moving that can cause them to scratch over time.

That being said, the bag is meant to be worn, and scratches are inevitable. Enjoy your bag. If the scratches worsen, then you can pay a fee for Dior to replace them for you.

Hello!

While we are on this subject I wanted to ask - Could the forum kindly advise any other differences with the hardware font on the 'dior' charms? I am referring to the 'new' hardware charms being the block print/modernized Dior logo vs. the 'classic' hardware being the DIOR logo in the same font as the brand's logo.

Is the original hardware design going to be phased out to the new one?
Or is the new one going to be reserved for 'seasonal' collections and the classic hardware is going to be classic?
Sometimes I find the classic hardware on seasonal collections and vice versa...
Do you think the new hardware is going to be a 'trend' item or it is here to stay?

New hardware:
upload_2019-2-25_9-56-32.png

Classic hardware:
upload_2019-2-25_10-0-46.png

Hello!

While we are on this subject I wanted to ask - Could the forum kindly advise any other differences with the hardware font on the 'dior' charms? I am referring to the 'new' hardware charms being the block print/modernized Dior logo vs. the 'classic' hardware being the DIOR logo in the same font as the brand's logo.

Is the original hardware design going to be phased out to the new one?
Or is the new one going to be reserved for 'seasonal' collections and the classic hardware is going to be classic?
Sometimes I find the classic hardware on seasonal collections and vice versa...
Do you think the new hardware is going to be a 'trend' item or it is here to stay?

New hardware:
View attachment 4352928

Classic hardware:
View attachment 4352931
The original will not be phased out. The new charms are to give certain designs a different look (i.e. they go with the studded calfskin Lady Dior bags). I find that they make the bags look younger (block letter fonts tend to do that), and they don't show scratches as easily because they are already "aged" and the O has much less surface to scratch.

The new charms are here to stay. They are Maria Grazia Chiuri's contribution to the Lady Dior aesthetic.

Reactions: champagne_xoxo
The original will not be phased out. The new charms are to give certain designs a different look (i.e. they go with the studded calfskin Lady Dior bags). I find that they make the bags look younger (block letter fonts tend to do that), and they don't show scratches as easily because they are already "aged" and the O has much less surface to scratch.

The new charms are here to stay. They are Maria Grazia Chiuri's contribution to the Lady Dior aesthetic.

Thanks so much for this! So helpful !! As always :smile:

Reactions: averagejoe