Ladies with I color e-rings...thoughts??

I do see a wee tinge only because you asked. What color room are you in in that photo?

My whole stinkin' house is a camel or gold color!

thanks swanky! the color of my walls is beige. i did take the box to other rooms with white walls, and it is still yellow :sad: i will put the box away and see how i feel. i may have to ask whiteflash to look for a higher color and 'upgrade'. unfortunately, quality cuts on stones this size are difficult to come by.

I see a bit in the first photo, but I think it is b/c you pointed it out AND the angle of the photo. The second faces up white to my eyes. I don't think a bit of color is bad- but I like warmer stones better and don't really care for the "icy white" look, as a disclaimer. I would just enjoy it and see how you feel about it. If it really bothers you, I have read raves about the upgrade policy. It is a beautiful ring!

personally, i think your stone is GORGEOUS and had you not mentioned the "warmth" i would've only seen a beautiful/white stone. can you take another picture wearing the ring?

Loofabear, your stone is absolutely gorgeous!! I have a 3.5 carat J stone, and it occasionally will take on a yellowish hue, but that doesn't happen very often. In some light it will take on a grey-blackish tone, like in the first 2 pictures of Swanky's stone, one of the places being in the overhead lights over the counter at the jewelry store (they definitely need to change that lighting!). But 98% of the time my stone looks white and has a fire in it that's amazing. The light in my stone dances in such a beautiful way that I wouldn't trade it for the world!

When I bought my stone, we brought in other stones, including a g and an h, and the i stone I was trading in, to compare them side-by-side, and in different light, sitting on different colors. There was no discernible difference to my eye or my husband's eye. And when we asked a customer and another diamond salesman to guess which ones were the higher and lower color grades, the guesses they made were wrong. It just wasn't worth it to go up in price for the higher colors, in my opinion.

Enjoy your beautiful diamond!

your diamond looks very well cut! :smile: nice and big!

how about wearing it and then posting pics, in a very white box, you can see the warmth.

gorrrgeous regardless!

I think it is beautiful! I would not be bothered by the small amount of tint, but you are the one that has to wear it...I would wear it for a few days and see what you think then

I have an "I" stone which is a little over 3cts. I notice that it looks yellowish whenever I'm inside my car which has beige leather interior. Also I do notice a huge difference when I compare side by side to my mother's "D". I love my ring though!! I find that sometimes my mom's looks too white & somewhat fake.

WOW. I'd give my right arm for a stone like that, loofabear! It's BEAUTIFUL. I do have a tendancy to prefer warmer diamonds, but I have to say, no matter what color a person prefers, that's just a GORGEOUS stone, no doubt about it.Enjoy, wear it good in health and consider yourself so lucky to have a ring like that!

here are some pics! it looks whiter in the pics, but it does sparkle more IRL ;) i think i am having a mind-clean issue in addition to my very color sensitive eyes. Leon mege is seting my stone in his classic double claw prong setting, so i need to be sure of my stone before i sent it to him. decisions, decisions...

Attachments

• wfring 001.jpg
    wfring 001.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 219
  • wfring 003.jpg
    wfring 003.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 227
  • wfring 006.jpg
    wfring 006.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 175
  • wfring0112.JPG
    wfring0112.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 207
I see yellow in your first set of pics, but not so much in the second set outdoors. Don't let the color bother you if the stone makes your heart sing and you really love it. Although, if it does really bother you, exchange/upgrade it to the stone you want. No sense in keeping something so expensive if it's not exactly what you want.