Ladies : Virus Warning

Mar 28, 2006
Received the following msg from my office today ... not sure if this is the right place to post, if not, apologies to the super mods

Anyone-using Internet mail such as Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL and so on.

This information arrived this morning, Direct from both Microsoft and Norton.
You may receive an apparently harmless e-mail with a Power Point presentation ' Life is Beautiful'.

If you receive it, DO NOT OPEN THE FILE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, and delete it immediately.

If you open this file, a message will appear on your screen saying: 'It is too late now, your life is no longer beautiful.'Subsequently you will LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC, And the person who sent it to you will gain access to your name, e-mail and password.

This is a new virus which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon.AOL has already confirmed the severity, and the anti virus software's are not capable of destroying it.

The virus has been created by a hacker who calls himself 'life owner'.

THIS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED BY SNOPES

De-warning:

Flossy, you've fallen victim to a hoax. Thanks for warning us anyway, but this virus doesn't exist.
http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/life.asp

I am such a numpty, I didn't realise, just got the msg and didn't want anyone to have any probs with their PC .... thanks for being on the ball Hello - perhaps the mods would like to delete my thread altogether as it is no longer necessary:tup:

Just an fyi...anytime you get an email saying a virus is on the loose and it will wipe everything from your PC, it's most likely a hoax. Most viruses won't and can't do that.

Charles is right. I've only ever had 2 viruses on my computer. One caused it to connect to the internet randomly (still in the dialup days) and one restarted my computer everytime I connected to the internet.

With the 2nd one, it happened on my desktop, so luckily I had my laptop so I could look up the cure for it online. My (now ex) boyfriend told me I probably just messed up something on my computer...He works for my old University's library computer system. The next day he went into the library to work - and all of the computers had that virus!!! :nuts: lmao - that's what he gets for telling me I just "probably did something" ;)