Food Ladies unite! Who is hosting Thanksgiving Dinner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMMY

O.G.
Aug 2, 2006
I just did my shopping today for Thanksgiving dinner...Thank god it's over ...the store was mobbed.....I will have 9 people here on thanksgiving day..Can't wait!! I always cook fro my friends/family on the holidays and every year the guest list is different...One thing I started doing a few years ago is cookinga turkey the day before...I carve the turkey and package it up (to send home as leftovers/freeze it for DH and me) and with the drippings make the gravy to use the next day...I find it is Sooooo much better to make the gravy in a non -stressed... non -hectic setting...You ladies know that in the last 10 minutes of prep time there are a million things going on at once...and the gravy is in the middle of it! This way I have that done...and the prep for the big dinner the next day goes so much smoother!! Just heat up the gravy! Also by cooking two turkeys...Everyone can take some home and me (hen hog) and DH have enough for us...Turkeys are very deceiving....The carcus is very large and the meat left goes like hot cakes right out my door!!! It really works out great...Family/friends go home w/ late night snacks and MY late night snacks are plentiful!!! I also cook my turkeys in the "bag"...That way it's a no brainer and they are always moist....Too many years at grandma-ma's w/ DRY turkeys!! I also make my own stuffing but I don't stuff the bird..I make two desserts, my mom brings the pumpkin pie (tradition) and I order a chocolate cream pie for DH from a local restaurant as it is his favorite and he gets so excited about it It's sick....I also make mashed potatoes (of course) , green bean casserole, cheesy chicken rice, lasagna, candied yams, rolls..Cripe I can't wait!! Oh..And I open up a bottle of wine about 11 am when I put the turkey in which, about that time...I need it before the guests arrrive and I have already done the work of ten men!!! And YES!! You are invited!!!!!! :heart: Emmy

Status
Not open for further replies.