LABEL READS:the original bag by pat columbus mississippi

HELLO, i picked up another fun,vintage handbag today, it is with an applique of sea horses on front, it is so charming, the hand bag label reads:
THE ORIGINAL BAG BY PAT COLUMBUS MISSISSIPPI
is there anyone who could give me some info on this hanbag designer?
it is a very lovely well made handbag,VINTAGE as always,,thank you again.

I would love some info on the vintage handbag The Original Bag by Pat....I just picked up the bag and I am very very interested in the history but I cannot find any info on the internet. Can anyone fill me in?

I found this in search of information on my own Bag by Pat. I saw this obituary in my search and noticed that he and his wife were the creators. I hope it helps!

Wiley Samuel Scarbrough 71, of Columbus, MS, passed away October 8th with his wife praying by his side. Visitation to be held Wednesday, October 14, 2015 from 1:00 PM-3:00 PM at Lowndes Funeral Home, Columbus, MS. A funeral service will be at 3:00 PM in the Lowndes Funeral Home Chapel. Interment will follow at Pleasant Hill Baptist Church Cemetery, Columbus, MS with Lowndes Funeral Home, Columbus, MS directing. Wiley attended Sturgis High School and married his beautiful wife Pat in 1963. He served 16 years in the National Guard before becoming an entrepreneur starting his first business adventure we knew as "Monograming by Pat" in 1965. The talent God gifted both Wiley and Pat with, most others could only dream of having. Later they started Bags by Pat making purses with MSU Bulldogs, Ole Miss Rebels, every sports team around and deer, horses, you name it and wife, Pat could draw it and Wiley could sew it. From purses to boat seats he did it all. Making many friends along the way. He later opened Scarbrough Upholstry in Starkville and later added another location in Columbus

Reactions: dfmcdowell
This was my grandmother's bag. Her husband's family went deep sea fishing every summer. I have a feeling they came across Mr and Mrs Scarborough and purchased the bag.

Attachments

• 20211128_112752.jpg
    20211128_112752.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20211128_112942.jpg
    20211128_112942.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20211128_112929.jpg
    20211128_112929.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: indiaink
I found this in search of information on my own Bag by Pat. I saw this obituary in my search and noticed that he and his wife were the creators. I hope it helps!

Wiley Samuel Scarbrough 71, of Columbus, MS, passed away October 8th with his wife praying by his side. Visitation to be held Wednesday, October 14, 2015 from 1:00 PM-3:00 PM at Lowndes Funeral Home, Columbus, MS. A funeral service will be at 3:00 PM in the Lowndes Funeral Home Chapel. Interment will follow at Pleasant Hill Baptist Church Cemetery, Columbus, MS with Lowndes Funeral Home, Columbus, MS directing. Wiley attended Sturgis High School and married his beautiful wife Pat in 1963. He served 16 years in the National Guard before becoming an entrepreneur starting his first business adventure we knew as "Monograming by Pat" in 1965. The talent God gifted both Wiley and Pat with, most others could only dream of having. Later they started Bags by Pat making purses with MSU Bulldogs, Ole Miss Rebels, every sports team around and deer, horses, you name it and wife, Pat could draw it and Wiley could sew it. From purses to boat seats he did it all. Making many friends along the way. He later opened Scarbrough Upholstry in Starkville and later added another location in Columbus
I just found a Original Bag by Pat, cute, cute, cute, would you have any idea of the value? It's in excellent shape, not a mark on it, it was very well cared for?

16840642592251905765639887128324.jpg

16840642926297547284350478893379.jpg