Lab grown Diamonds - Thoughts?

I’ve gone down a Lab diamond rabbit hole and so far I’m impressed with the pieces I’ve acquired. For me it’s the opportunity to buy a much larger stone at a more reasonable price. I’m not concerned about resale, it’s solely for my enjoyment!
Same here.

I recently purchased some very nice studs and I love them and their sparkle.

The lower color came and I loved it, but I'm a size queen and a bigger one came up for around the same price.
I'm thrilled with it. 2.61 I VS1 -- big enough to look real but not so big to look like I need the mansion, private jet, and lifestyle to match.

Either way I love it and am very happy I got it and would get another for a ring or pendant. I think for a "tennis" style piece, I would stick with mined, but for an affordable big stone? Sure. My stone was around $1k. That's ~$383+ a carat. No regrets.

Last edited:
The lower color came and I loved it, but I'm a size queen and a bigger one came up for around the same price.
I'm thrilled with it. 2.61 I VS1 -- big enough to look real but not so big to look like I need the mansion, private jet, and lifestyle to match.

Either way I love it and am very happy I got it and would get another for a ring or pendant. I think for a "tennis" style piece, I would stick with mined, but for an affordable big stone? Sure. My stone was around $1k. That's ~$383+ a carat. No regrets.
Incredible deal even for lab. Where was it made and which process?

Incredible deal even for lab. Where was it made and which process?

I don't know where it was made, but it was CVD.

If you have critical comments, though, please withhold them. I've already bought it and I love it and I don't want to sway towards any sense of doubt or second guessing.

It's pretty. It pleases me. It wasn't expensive. I'm happy.

I don't know where it was made, but it was CVD.

If you have critical comments, though, please withhold them. I've already bought it and I love it and I don't want to sway towards any sense of doubt or second guessing.

It's pretty. It pleases me. It wasn't expensive. I'm happy.
Not planning to be critical, just curious about the incredible pricing on the stone. That’s all.

Yeah. The prices seem to be all over the map. I got it last year, and prices for the same stone have gone up quite a bit.
Also, I didn't really compare processes. I wanted an inexpensive larger stone, it was set in a bezel, so it looks fine, and it came with IGI cert for Lab stone.

I don't think I would spend a lot of money on a lab stone, but ~$1k was fine for me. I'd maybe go up to like $1500, but probably not much more than that.

I'm all for lab-grown diamonds. They're DIAMONDS, not CZ. It's an excellent way to buy the bling you love without having to get a second mortgage on your house. Also, there was something said about it being "all about the cut." This is 100% true. One can cut a natural, hand-mined diamond badly, just like a lab-grown diamond.