LA/OC meet-up in late December/January?

Hi All,

I don't post very often, although I read posts on the Purse Forum pretty much every day! Anyway, I really enjoy the feeling of camarederie on this forum, and would like to meet posters in person!

Would anyone like to meet in either Los Angeles or Orange County? If Los Angeles, I was thinking we could meet around Rodeo Drive (maybe get food at Villa Blanca or another restaurant nearby?) or in the Robertson/Melrose area (maybe can eat at The Ivy). If Orange County, then perhaps South Coast Plaza?

I would think that most people would be busy with New Year's Eve/New Year's Day plans this weekend, but if not (I know that not everyone gets to be with family and friends during the holidays), I'm up for meeting then.

I would think that a better time for most people would be the following weekend, though. Anyway, I'm pretty open for the next week and a half, so just reply and let me know.

I look forward to hopefully seeing some replies in this thread!!:smile:

Hi OP, just discovered this thread today so if you had a meet and greet, I guess I already missed it! I've seen a few mentions of these meetings but don't really know what goes on, can you give me an idea? Based on where you wanted to meet, you sound like more of a fashionista than I am, but I do enjoy reading and discussing purses here on TPF and I'm always up for a good meal! :smile: Maybe the next one if I don't get intimidated by the location......

Hi Mariquel!

I just noticed that you had replied to my message.

Oh, I am not a fashionista! I mentioned those places because they're good shopping areas. At Rodeo Drive you can walk over to Beverly Drive and shop at places like Banana Republic. South Coast Plaza has everything from high-end designers to Forever 21 and the like. There's a lot of variety. I'm totally open to meeting anywhere, though.

I have actually never been to a meet-up. It seems like people have been trying to get a meet-up going in the LA/OC area for awhile, and it just hasn't happened in awhile. My understanding is that the ladies get to meet the people they've been conversing with in person, make new friends, shop, dine, and just have fun!! I've been wanting to meet new people and make some new friends, so that's why I suggested it.

Anyway, let me know if you're interested in meeting up!

OK, I pm'd you. I would love to get together, but probably not until March since February is a busy month with all the holidays.

I'm open to pretty much any restaurant or shopping area. I'm an LA native and know how to drive!

Hope we can get others to join!

OMG!!! i have been out of the loop for so long...I jumped online a while back after divorce but then got distracted...I am back and what to go to the next meet...who is sending out the invites? I need to update my email address....thanks!

Hi Cool Gal,

I would be interested in meeting in February.

I am still interested in having a meet-up in March, too, but there's no reason why we can't try to plan two meet-ups, one in February and one in March. Maybe the possibility of two meet-ups will give people more flexibility and we'll have more people join us.

What days in February work for you?

Hi Purrrfect!

Thanks for replying and joining the thread!

What days would be good for you? Mariquel and I are thinking some time in March. Thoughts?

Hi...thank you....I am good anytime. Just book it and I will be there. I have been out of the loop too long!!!
So bejwl (or something like that) had my email address on a evite list she sent out....is she not doing that anymore? Doesn't matter my email has changed...if you need my email address let me know...I need to get together with the girls and have some fun.

Well, I'm a new poster but have been utilizing purseblog for all my authentication needs for what seems like ever. Anyways, Anyone interested in doing a meet & greet? Either in LA or OC? South coast plaza has an amazing Cafe a few doors down from J. Crew with coffee & creme brulee's to die for ;p

whiterussian said:
Well, I'm a new poster but have been utilizing purseblog for all my authentication needs for what seems like ever. Anyways, Anyone interested in doing a meet & greet? Either in LA or OC? South coast plaza has an amazing Cafe a few doors down from J. Crew with coffee & creme brulee's to die for ;p

I love that place!! That sounds amazing. We should plan one!!