La Mer Body Creme users--advice needed

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have been dealing with insanely sensitive, allergic, ultra-dry skin this past winter. I bought La Mer face creme and it helped tremendously. The SA was very generous with samples and gave me a bunch of the body creme. I :heart: it! BUT--approximately how long can one expect a 10 oz tub to last? Is it really possible to NOT have to moisturize daily, like La Mer claims with this product?
    Please give me your opinions--my wallet needs you!

2. I have very dry itchy skin and use the La Mer body cream. It works beautiful but I've found that I do have to use it every day. However, a little goes a long way. One tub will last me the entire winter season when I need it most. In the summer, I switch to the body serum which is lighter.

3. It lasts about four to five months. I will always buy this. It is awesome.

4. To be honest, I never really enjoyed the La Mer body cream. I really like the one from La Prairie instead, though. I think a cheaper alternative to a great body cream is the one by Kiehl's - the one I always slather on at bed time. Works beautifully.

5. I love the La Mer body creme:love: although I find too that I still have to use it daily. I don't use much though so it does last quite a while. I bought mine at the beginning of February and I still have a little less than half left. But I have also been using it on my four year old son because he has such sensitive skin and a bit of eczema on his back and this does wonders for him. I think now that the weather is getting warmer I could probably use it every other day though. I think you would be very happy with it!!:tup:

6. I generally don't like La Mer products but I do love their body creme. I find that one tub lasts at least 3 months and I generally apply daily in the winter time and every other day in the spring/summer.
    I think that it is a great investment. BG is having their Beauty event now so it might be worth purchasing a tub during their promo event.

7. I used their body cream last summer and did not think it worked any more than Oil of Olay lotion or something similar from the store IMO. I used it every day because obviously if you shower, it all comes off. My skin would be dry again and not supple in the morning if I put it on the night before.

IDK but I thought it was a huge waste of money, for me anyways.

8. I've used the body creme before and I did have to apply it daily...