Kwanpen bags?

Passerine123

Sep 21, 2014
Europe
This makes sense...I just wonder where the Kwanpen fans are supposed to go. If there are any :P
Bumping up an old thread:
On my first trip to Singapore, I happened on a Kwanpen store and was really impressed with their non-H designs. On our next (my fourth) trip, I think I might pull the trigger and get one of their bags. I really like these two:
https://www.kwanpen.com/showcase_item/8919-treasure-chest-cache-handbag/?stayincat=11 This one appeals for both its design and the luscious colour (I have to see it IRL to make sure it's as rich as it is in the photo). At least nobody else would have one like it in Switzerland....

and this one:
https://www.kwanpen.com/showcase_item/6711-city-tribeca-handbag/?stayincat=11
I admit this is semi-Constance-ish in design (however, many brands have similarly shaped bags), but I still like it, esp in this "quiet" colour. Again, I want to see it IRL first, so need to wait until we head to Singapore again...

Hermes24Fbg

Jun 2, 2015
Bumping up an old thread:
On my first trip to Singapore, I happened on a Kwanpen store and was really impressed with their non-H designs. On our next (my fourth) trip, I think I might pull the trigger and get one of their bags. I really like these two:
https://www.kwanpen.com/showcase_item/8919-treasure-chest-cache-handbag/?stayincat=11 This one appeals for both its design and the luscious colour (I have to see it IRL to make sure it's as rich as it is in the photo). At least nobody else would have one like it in Switzerland....

and this one:
https://www.kwanpen.com/showcase_item/6711-city-tribeca-handbag/?stayincat=11
I admit this is semi-Constance-ish in design (however, many brands have similarly shaped bags), but I still like it, esp in this "quiet" colour. Again, I want to see it IRL first, so need to wait until we head to Singapore again...
I love the Tibeca design either the Constance cartable flavored handle. I like the hardware too. In fact, I like the whole thing! What color are you thinking about?

contributor

Mar 6, 2015
This makes sense...I just wonder where the Kwanpen fans are supposed to go. If there are any :P
Kwanpen was established in 1938. Their beautifully crafted products are distributed mostly in Asia. Its a well respected company and yes, it does has fans. Under the radar with exceptional quality.

Unlike a colossal brand like Chanel, all Kwanpen hardware is still gold plated - including the chains.

Reactions: Stansy

contributor

Mar 6, 2015
2019 update: They stopped manufacturing the Birkin/Kelly styles year ago. Now they only carry their own designs. This thread was started to discuss their product line and quality. Here are a few examples of the current styles Screen Shot 2019-08-25 at 4.53.13 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-08-25 at 4.53.26 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-08-25 at 4.54.09 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-08-25 at 4.57.01 PM.png :

Nahreen

Nahreen
O.G.
Aug 16, 2009
Jan 15, 2011
Kwanpen was established in 1938. Their beautifully crafted products are distributed mostly in Asia. Its a well respected company and yes, it does has fans. Under the radar with exceptional quality.

Unlike a colossal brand like Chanel, all Kwanpen hardware is still gold plated - including the chains.
My post was posted when the Kwanpen thread was in the Hermès forum :rolleyes:

Reactions: contributor

loves

O.G.
Sep 19, 2008
@contributor

I am so glad to hear Kwanpen stopped those pseudo K and B bags. I thought it was really tacky of them. I really like the last blue tote.

Years ago I got a matte white small wallet from them and it was absolutely gorgeous.

contributor

Mar 6, 2015
They look beautiful. I am curious about their price range. Do you have any info about prices in Europe?
This is from their website. You can try contacting them. Hopefully this information is current.
Screen Shot 2019-08-25 at 9.10.55 PM.png

The green one pictured is a large WOC. Last time I was in Singapore it was about US$1400.

Reactions: Pimpernel