Kwanpen bags?

This makes sense...I just wonder where the Kwanpen fans are supposed to go. If there are any :P

Bumping up an old thread:
On my first trip to Singapore, I happened on a Kwanpen store and was really impressed with their non-H designs. On our next (my fourth) trip, I think I might pull the trigger and get one of their bags. I really like these two:
https://www.kwanpen.com/showcase_item/8919-treasure-chest-cache-handbag/?stayincat=11 This one appeals for both its design and the luscious colour (I have to see it IRL to make sure it's as rich as it is in the photo). At least nobody else would have one like it in Switzerland....

and this one:
https://www.kwanpen.com/showcase_item/6711-city-tribeca-handbag/?stayincat=11
I admit this is semi-Constance-ish in design (however, many brands have similarly shaped bags), but I still like it, esp in this "quiet" colour. Again, I want to see it IRL first, so need to wait until we head to Singapore again...

Bumping up an old thread:
On my first trip to Singapore, I happened on a Kwanpen store and was really impressed with their non-H designs. On our next (my fourth) trip, I think I might pull the trigger and get one of their bags. I really like these two:
https://www.kwanpen.com/showcase_item/8919-treasure-chest-cache-handbag/?stayincat=11 This one appeals for both its design and the luscious colour (I have to see it IRL to make sure it's as rich as it is in the photo). At least nobody else would have one like it in Switzerland....

and this one:
https://www.kwanpen.com/showcase_item/6711-city-tribeca-handbag/?stayincat=11
I admit this is semi-Constance-ish in design (however, many brands have similarly shaped bags), but I still like it, esp in this "quiet" colour. Again, I want to see it IRL first, so need to wait until we head to Singapore again...
I love the Tibeca design either the Constance cartable flavored handle. I like the hardware too. In fact, I like the whole thing! What color are you thinking about?

This makes sense...I just wonder where the Kwanpen fans are supposed to go. If there are any :P

Kwanpen was established in 1938. Their beautifully crafted products are distributed mostly in Asia. Its a well respected company and yes, it does has fans. Under the radar with exceptional quality.

Unlike a colossal brand like Chanel, all Kwanpen hardware is still gold plated - including the chains.

Reactions: Stansy
2019 update: They stopped manufacturing the Birkin/Kelly styles year ago. Now they only carry their own designs. This thread was started to discuss their product line and quality. Here are a few examples of the current stylesScreen Shot 2019-08-25 at 4.53.13 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-08-25 at 4.53.26 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-08-25 at 4.54.09 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-08-25 at 4.57.01 PM.png :

Reactions: ChickosMom
Kwanpen was established in 1938. Their beautifully crafted products are distributed mostly in Asia. Its a well respected company and yes, it does has fans. Under the radar with exceptional quality.

Unlike a colossal brand like Chanel, all Kwanpen hardware is still gold plated - including the chains.
My post was posted when the Kwanpen thread was in the Hermès forum :rolleyes:

Reactions: contributor
@contributor

I am so glad to hear Kwanpen stopped those pseudo K and B bags. I thought it was really tacky of them. I really like the last blue tote.

Years ago I got a matte white small wallet from them and it was absolutely gorgeous.

I've recently been itching to get my first exotic leather bag. Croc seems to be slightly easier to care for, compared to lizard and snake. How do you all care for your Kwanpen bags? Does Kwanpen sell exotic leather care products?

I've had bad experience with patent leather in Singapore's hot and humid climate. Is croc leather able to hold up better?

If I were to buy a Kwanpen bag, it would be my most expensive bag ever. Is it worth buying a Kwanpen bag? I don't see many on the resale market, any idea how do their value hold up?

Also just want to share the bags I am eyeing. Some of the older ones from their Instagram doesn't seem to be available on the webstore anymore, hoping that the selection will be wider in their physical store, especially in terms of colour.

3583-29358_3_1000x.jpg2265-23258_3_1000x.jpg3570-17312_1_1000x.jpgmarkup_28227.pngmarkup_28228.pngmarkup_28229.png

Reactions: ChickosMom
I've recently been itching to get my first exotic leather bag. Croc seems to be slightly easier to care for, compared to lizard and snake. How do you all care for your Kwanpen bags? Does Kwanpen sell exotic leather care products?

I've had bad experience with patent leather in Singapore's hot and humid climate. Is croc leather able to hold up better?

If I were to buy a Kwanpen bag, it would be my most expensive bag ever. Is it worth buying a Kwanpen bag? I don't see many on the resale market, any idea how do their value hold up?

Also just want to share the bags I am eyeing. Some of the older ones from their Instagram doesn't seem to be available on the webstore anymore, hoping that the selection will be wider in their physical store, especially in terms of colour.

View attachment 5377289View attachment 5377290View attachment 5377291View attachment 5377292View attachment 5377293View attachment 5377294
I like their bags but I m not sure if now it's a good time to buy one.

Two years ago there was 30% off and last year 20%. I will wait until they have a new promotion to consider if I should buy from them. My SA in HK mentioned that she would help me keep checking if there is my dreamed croc leather for my special order as well. up till now I have been waiting for six months. If they need profit, I guess they would contact me. After all they are not Hermes and I bought a few ostrich leather bags from them before.

There is actually no resale value of this bag. The price drops at least 30% at the resell market. No one knows this brand and it's very hard to resell. You can check Carousell and see if you can find a second-hand one. If I keep it till the end of the world, I don't know if the next generation would treasure authentic croc leather bags either, as the faux / embossed ones also look fantastic. Lots of youth right now are trying to be vegans and they prefer cruelty-free ....

However, if you really love the bag, you won't resell it and it will be very valuable in your eyes.

Okay, I was watching Bling Empire on Netflix. And I saw Kelly Mi Li with her Raffles bag. Never heard about Kwanpen before, but I was so in love with the hardware on the bag. I kept thinking, “Is that Delvaux? What is that gorgeous croc bag?”

Anyways, I went onto Google and learned about the brand. Then I went back to Netflix to look for a picture of the Raffles bag, and saw that she has a Kwanpen bucket bag, too. There’s also her in a black croc bag, but I’m not sure what bag that is. Is it Kwanpen also?

Anyways, I’m obsessed. Never heard of the brand before, but the fact that it’s real exotic skins, handmade, with such nice hardware? And for such nice prices?

681EF0FB-4B27-4BA2-9231-C1DD126B8D13.jpeg

C18B551D-1F6A-4719-A4E1-3038678E45F0.jpeg

I have had mine for 3 years and love it. I also have an Hermes B25 Croc matte black Porosus. I think both bags are of comparable quality. However, Kwanpen does not hold its value on the resale market. I grew up in Jakarta and bought the Kwanpen bag during a family and high school reunion to Bali and Singapore, so I have an emotional attachment to the bag and would had it down to my girls. The cost is 1/3 to a quarter of the cost of a comparably sized Hermes Exotic Kelly. Both bags are beautiful.

Last edited:
It took a month to get here. So, so long. And it was a bit nerve wracking checking up on the delivery status every day, because there were multiple clearance events. I never went through the process before.

Anyways, the bag is so cute! The raffles pochette is also the perfect size. Fits my phone, my card cases, my key case, and then some miscellaneous pens and lip Lam. They also included a silk scarf, and the customer service is superb.

Light blue is one of the few colors that I actually prefer with silver hardware. It makes the bag a bit more casual, I think! I’m very happy with this purchase.

2CC079E6-262D-4C78-A957-0490D986B828.jpeg

It took a month to get here. So, so long. And it was a bit nerve wracking checking up on the delivery status every day, because there were multiple clearance events. I never went through the process before.

Anyways, the bag is so cute! The raffles pochette is also the perfect size. Fits my phone, my card cases, my key case, and then some miscellaneous pens and lip Lam. They also included a silk scarf, and the customer service is superb.

Light blue is one of the few colors that I actually prefer with silver hardware. It makes the bag a bit more casual, I think! I’m very happy with this purchase.

View attachment 5648869
It’s beautiful! I love the color ❤️Congratulations!!
Is it easy to open and close it?