Krazy Kew print Bayswater rehab!

RebeccaClements

Mulberry Addict
Jul 4, 2014
Hi everyone!

So, last week this gorgeous bag found her way to me... goodness knows how! [emoji6] As soon as I received her, I just knew I had to try and restore her to her gleaming glory. I might be crazy, but I have decided to take the plunge and 'dunk' her - after seeing the success of other rehabs on here. I will be sure to keep you posted on her progress.

Here she is as she was when I first opened her:

IMG_1516622146.564828.jpg

She's now in the kitchen sink...

IMG_1516622183.105194.jpg

Let's see what magic I can work! [emoji92]

Oohhhh she looks lovely. I can already see a big difference. I think th leather will be lovely when she is conditioned. What will you do with the the hardwear? Buff it up or bet it replaced? Yes ...keep us posted please

Reactions: RebeccaClements
Oohhhh she looks lovely. I can already see a big difference. I think th leather will be lovely when she is conditioned. What will you do with the the hardwear? Buff it up or bet it replaced? Yes ...keep us posted please

Thank you - I was quite surprised about how dirty the water really was! I am hoping the leather will come up nicely - I have to say it is looking promising so far! Luckily, the piping is all intact, but the rear of the bag has an imprint where the previous owner only wore the bag open, and didn't use the postman's lock fastening - I think this is why the hardware has the markings on it - I'm thinking perhaps the leather that was against the postman's lock couldn't breathe properly, and thus caused discolouration and on the leather and slight corrosion on the lock. I will see if I can buff the lock back to it's glory, but if I can't, I will definitely look into getting it replaced.

I will be sure to keep you all posted! :tup:

P.S - She's drying nicely!

Reactions: Bramble71