Food Korean Gringo Sushi (Sushi for the non-conformist!)

GUNG

Aug 25, 2007
Im so stuffed right now! Parked in front of my computer I decided I must share this unorthodox recipe with you guys!

My initial goal was to make Kim Bap; the Korean version of sushi but when I realized I had no green onions, no salmon, and no Daikwon (strange but yummy yellow vegetable) I decided to improvise. So, feel free to make changes; use whatever left over meats, veggies, and odds and ends you have on hand.

In any event, make sure you have:

RICE:roflmfao:
Seaweed
Some veggies or meat to put inside

Heres what I did:

Stir fried beef strips until brown. Dont overcook, as it needs to be tender

Turned the other side of the oven on medium and made little egg omelettes to cut into strips for later.

When the beef was done I put it to the side and I julienned some carrots, a leftover BBQ chicken breast I had, and the little egg omelettes I had just made.

I arranged the sliced carrots, beef, chicken and egg on a platter and added some fresh tuna for variety.

Then I went back to the rice, put 2 TBS of Rice Vinegar in and stirred until it coated all the grains.

Then I sat my happy butt in front of my kitchen table and rolled sushi until I was delirious!

I admit, it doesnt look like the bomb stuff you might find at your local sushi bar, but for someone craving "sushi" in the middle of the night, this will really hit the spot!
:supacool:

CIMG6700.jpg

CIMG6712.jpg

CIMG6710.jpg

CIMG6711.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, and as you can see, my rolls are unsliced! I gobbled two rolls down and was too tired to slice the rest of the rolls!

I did some of my rolls with:

Steak, eggs, and carrots
Chicken, eggs, and carrots
Tuna, eggs, and carrots

CIMG6717.jpg

CIMG6715-1.jpg

CIMG6713.jpg

Last edited:
What the sliced rolls ought to look like (Courtesy: Allrecipes)

33476.jpg

Enjoy with lots of soy sauce, wasabi, and something extremely cold and refreshing to drink!:yes: