Kooba Chase

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm eyeing the Kooba Chase, but since it's an online purchase, I can't feel the leather myself.

Anyone who has a Chase, what's the leather like? Is it buttery soft, medium soft, textured, structured, or what?

Also is the coloring constant? The one thing I don't like about my Treesje is that the color is darker in patches, and with this kooba I'd want a nice even color.

2. I am also curious to hear reviews on this bag as it looks like a very functional bag without being overtly heavy.

3. I had one briefly and it's very similar to my Kooba Devin. The leather I would say was soft and buttery almost like a big round pillow. The leather looked pretty even. I had a purple one. It seemed more even than my Devin. I have a Devin in blonde and it's pretty uneven though.

As far as functionality, I didn't use the chase, but it's the same set up as the Devin which I think is super functional. I love the outside magnetic slip pockets and the huge inside pockets. It's very comfy to carry and I can wear it crossbody in a pinch. (it's pretty tight, but works).

4. #4 Mar 13, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
    I've been using it for awhile now, I love this bag! The shoulder straps are wide soft leather that doesn't cut into your skin no matter how full you load the bag (er...which includes putting 2 bottles of 2 litre iced tea in it) and the bag itself is so roomy and very functional. I was a bit worried about the two front pockets that only have a magnetic closure but they hold stuff like keys very well and I love just having to slip my hand in the pocket for my keys and not have to muck around with zippers or inner pockets.

It's a great soft leather, not smooshy like LP but very soft and buttery and smooth. I love this bag so much, it's the perfect day bag for when you have a lot to do and want to carry a book, a sweater and an umbrella without looking bogged down in stuff.

Just wanted to add - it is a very lightweight bag, but not fragile at all. It's a great 'contradiction' bag - flexible but sturdy, feminine but modern, functional but attractive, casual but chic...I love it!