King Charles III and Queen Camilla

UK friends, do you think there anything to this or is the Daily Beast exaggerating his condition for clicks? The cancer diagnosis alone would explain updating funeral plans even if his treatment was going well.

King Charles is reportedly not doing great amid his cancer battle -- so much so, in fact, that his aides are apparently dusting off his funeral plans and updating them regularly.

The Daily Beast put out a story Thursday that says His Royal Highness is in poor health as he continues ongoing treatments for his cancer -- which, at this point, remains a mystery. The only thing the Palace has said is that it isn't prostate cancer ... but it's unspecified.

While KC has been seen out and about these past few months after his diagnosis -- seemingly looking healthy and robust -- the Beast reports it's dire behind the scenes.

What reporter Tom Sykes says he's been hearing from friends of the King in recent weeks is that it's "not good." In fact, it's apparently so bad ... that Buckingham Palace is said to be updating Charles' funeral plans on a regular basis these days.

Those plans are written down somewhere, per the Beast, and it has a code name ... Operation Menai Bridge. There's also this ... the Beast reports that a separate document which has dos and don'ts from Queen Elizabeth II's funeral has also been floating around lately.

If true, it's pretty stunning ... especially since Charles has been carrying on with his Royal duties and putting on a brave face in public. Based on this ... it suggests that's all for show.

One anonymous Royal insider is cited in this report as saying ... "Of course he is determined to beat it and they are throwing everything at it. Everyone is staying optimistic, but he is really very unwell. More than they are letting on."

UK friends, do you think there anything to this or is the Daily Beast exaggerating his condition for clicks? The cancer diagnosis alone would explain updating funeral plans even if his treatment was going well.

King Charles is reportedly not doing great amid his cancer battle -- so much so, in fact, that his aides are apparently dusting off his funeral plans and updating them regularly.

The Daily Beast put out a story Thursday that says His Royal Highness is in poor health as he continues ongoing treatments for his cancer -- which, at this point, remains a mystery. The only thing the Palace has said is that it isn't prostate cancer ... but it's unspecified.

While KC has been seen out and about these past few months after his diagnosis -- seemingly looking healthy and robust -- the Beast reports it's dire behind the scenes.

What reporter Tom Sykes says he's been hearing from friends of the King in recent weeks is that it's "not good." In fact, it's apparently so bad ... that Buckingham Palace is said to be updating Charles' funeral plans on a regular basis these days.

Those plans are written down somewhere, per the Beast, and it has a code name ... Operation Menai Bridge. There's also this ... the Beast reports that a separate document which has dos and don'ts from Queen Elizabeth II's funeral has also been floating around lately.

If true, it's pretty stunning ... especially since Charles has been carrying on with his Royal duties and putting on a brave face in public. Based on this ... it suggests that's all for show.

One anonymous Royal insider is cited in this report as saying ... "Of course he is determined to beat it and they are throwing everything at it. Everyone is staying optimistic, but he is really very unwell. More than they are letting on."

I just read that on another site that quoted the Daily Beast.

It's weird because someone here linked to a podcast from Lady C when asked about the KIng and she said let's talk about something else (I'm paraphrasing here) and it seemed so odd. But maybe she's reading what we're reading and doesn't have any insider info.

Last edited:
Part of an article in the New York Post offers a slightly different perspective, logistics. Also have read that for decades the Queen’s plans were routinely reviewed 3 x a year, probably more frequently as her health failed, but the point is all are made to be as ready for implementation as possible at any time.

Excerpt from the NY Post: Menai Bridge is the code name for the King’s funeral plans.

IMG_4291.png

Reactions: youngster
I'd imagethat there are funeral plans for ALL senior members of the RF, and are reviewed frequently.

Right. I don't find this particularly worrisome. Now the news he is unwell...I'm not even sure that is worrisome only because cancer treatment is so aggressive it takes a toll even if the patient is far from dying. I also wonder if a friend would give info to the press that could potentially destabilize the UK.

This just made me so happy!!! Thank you for sharing! Also, I have never seen this picture before. Is it new? He looks thin but not scary thin. I adore the way he looks at her and the genuine happiness you can see on her face. :heart::heart::heart:
I believe it is a new photo, well, new to the public. I've no idea when it was taken. I hope it is very recent.

This just made me so happy!!! Thank you for sharing! Also, I have never seen this picture before. Is it new? He looks thin but not scary thin. I adore the way he looks at her and the genuine happiness you can see on her face. :heart::heart::heart:
I believe it is a new photo, well, new to the public. I've no idea when it was taken. I hope it is very recent.
It is a recent photo, from April 10th. He looks good and I think we can be cautiously optimistic.

This message is in response to yesterday’s Daily Beast article to reassure everyone that his situation isn’t quite so dire. Still, since they never disclosed what kind of cancer he has or his prognosis we really have no clue.