King Charles III and Queen Camilla

I can't find the answer anywhere but I'd like to know if The Imperial State Crown which KCIII will be wearing a lot more will be altered to suit him. The crown did look different before QEII and I'm just wondering if it'll look too feminine on Charles after we've been used to seeing it in its current more female-suited lower arched form worn by the queen.

6-.jpg

cf8f3b40a0248f82955d6a2e02fbfa74.jpg

I can't find the answer anywhere but I'd like to know if The Imperial State Crown which KCIII will be wearing a lot more will be altered to suit him. The crown did look different before QEII and I'm just wondering if it'll look too feminine on Charles after we've been used to seeing it in its current more female-suited lower arched form worn by the queen.

6-.jpg

cf8f3b40a0248f82955d6a2e02fbfa74.jpg

Yes, the crown is being resized.

Omg, there are 2 crowns??? Sorry, I am so ignorant of these matters. Off to do research.
No worries! I have only recently found myself reading about all of these. I'm not sure if there are more than two but as far as I know, the Giant Break-A-Neck Crown is the St. Edward's which is only used during crowning and then there's the Giant Gemstones Bling-Bling-Melty-Strawberry-Marmalade-Candy Hat aka Imperial State Crown. And don't even get me started on the options Camilla has for a Furry Band Bling Hat! :lol:

I found a couple of clips:

The Queen and St Edward's Crown

The Queen and Imperial State Crown

Last edited:
Crowns here and there and everywhere!

Austere golden coronet with one arch dipped in the centre
Coronet of Frederick, Prince of Wales

Art Deco crown covered in diamonds of all shapes and sizes
Queen Mary's Crown

Crown festooned with pearls, diamonds, and other precious stones
Imperial State Crown
A much lighter crown is worn by the monarch when leaving Westminster Abbey, and at the annual State

Large gold crown decorated with diamonds and red, green, blue, and purple gemstones
St Edward's Crown is the centrepiece of the sovereign's coronation regalia

Omg, there are 2 crowns??? Sorry, I am so ignorant of these matters. Off to do research.
You need to watch the video of the last coronation !!! I recommend it - it’s absolutely fascinating - not just the removal of one crown and replacement but the disrobing and re robing the annointment with oils etc all with their own historic significance - the late wonderful Queen provided commentary on the version I watched with so many wonderful personal insights -I’m tearing up just thinking of it now but I have it recorded and will watch it again and again

OMG - they were so adorable when they were little! I particularly enjoyed the pix showing them heartily laughing - don’t get to seem them laughing like that enough! It must be a huge relief to know that Anne is someone he can always rely on - particularly when one of his younger brothers and one of his sons are way out in orbit and determined to cause as much trouble as possible.