King Charles III and Queen Camilla

It’s hard for him to take the breaks he may need because he’s head of state of 2 G7 / G20 countries (UK and Canada) and a G20 country (Australia) plus being the titular head of the Commonwealth. His position enables him to get access to the best health care possible but it also means he can’t take any extended breaks even for health reasons. I can’t get over the picture of QEIi greeting her new Prime Minister just 2 days before she passed away.

It must be so hard, especially when you’re in your mid-70’s and probably have limited energy for activities already. I don’t envy him. Good thing he has the means to have people do all the mundane tasks so his energy can go towards important business. And I’m sure having that kind of sense of purpose is incentive to get on with it despite how one feels.

At least if I need to go out when I’m looking and feeling awful, I can take comfort in knowing no one is paying attention to me and no one is going to take my picture and then put it on the front page news.

It must be so hard, especially when you’re in your mid-70’s and probably have limited energy for activities already. I don’t envy him. Good thing he has the means to have people do all the mundane tasks so his energy can go towards important business. And I’m sure having that kind of sense of purpose is incentive to get on with it despite how one feels.

At least if I need to go out when I’m looking and feeling awful, I can take comfort in knowing no one is paying attention to me and no one is going to take my picture and then put it on the front page news.
He is actually really fit for his age - exercises every morning takes regular long challenging walks eats healthily etc - he has always taken good care of himself which will help him enormously

Chemo is so hard. I had my infusion last Wednesday and looked completely wrecked over the weekend. Like, don’t leave the house kind of awful. It does make you look as bad as you feel :yucky:

Honestly I think he looks pretty good if he’s having chemo. I feel for him having to go through this publicly. I hope he’s able to hide away with comfy blankets and tea when he’s feeling his worst.
Sending you love @LittleStar88

Chemo is so hard. I had my infusion last Wednesday and looked completely wrecked over the weekend. Like, don’t leave the house kind of awful. It does make you look as bad as you feel :yucky:

Honestly I think he looks pretty good if he’s having chemo. I feel for him having to go through this publicly. I hope he’s able to hide away with comfy blankets and tea when he’s feeling his worst.
A friend refers to it as her “intrusion” therapy.

@LittleStar88 Appreciate you posting in the midst of feeling yucky, your posts show a compassionate heart and, along with others who have shared, an insight into what the King is likely experiencing as a Cancer patient, regardless of type of treatment. Sending you love and best wishes as you deal with your latest treatment.

so sorry you're going through this...hope you will be healthy and cancer free in the future

• Love
Reactions: LittleStar88
exactly … it is not silly!
Agree, it is not silly. That said, whoever is the monarch must do the job, even the unpleasant tasks. If that is not possible, then step side. Imo.

ETA: perhaps, while undergoing his treatments, KC could hand over temporary kingship to William. Then William could remove titles/styles/etc. from the Cali side. This way KC distances himself from the bad press, if there is any.

Last edited:
Reactions: Starflower2305
Agree, it is not silly. That said, whoever is the monarch must do the job, even the unpleasant tasks. If that is not possible, then step side. Imo.

ETA: perhaps, while undergoing his treatments, KC could hand over temporary kingship to William. Then William could remove titles/styles/etc. from the Cali side. This way KC distances himself from the bad press, if there is any.
Fact: “British monarch can remove royal titles/styles like “HRH”, Prince without consent of the parliament. But he can not remove Peerage titles (Duke, Marquess, Earl, Baron) even given by him. As of current law it requires an Act of Parliament to be passed.”

HM Queen Elizabeth bestowed the titles to H just before his wedding even though she knew from the get-go as shown from her picture that H&M brought out the worst side in each other and that they were capable sleazy and shameful actions and schemes from the time they arrived at BP. Once H&M started to show their true colours, HM could have nixed a title or once the titles were conferred she could have asked her staff to start the above process to remove H’s titles in conjunction with Parliament instead of passing the buck to the next generation.