Kelly Pochette, anyone not love it?

2manybags

O.G.
Dec 29, 2006
I thought I had convinced myself to sell my black PH KP, but came here to read threads regarding KP to make sure it was the right decision. The bag is beautiful, but I find I gravitate more towards KC.
Does anyone have a KP and not love it? Also can anyone comment on wear and tear after years of use? I read somewhere that they can lose their shape (depending on leather) and sag.
Appreciate all opinions. Thank you!

I don’t have a KP but I do have 2 KCs that I love and use immensely so I understand your concern. If you don’t use your KP at all then time to let it go. If you are conflicted, I would say keep it for a few more months and try to use it as much as you can. If it still doesn’t appeal to you, re-home it. No matter how rare a bag is, its purpose should be to please the owner not others and suit our individual lifestyles not what others deem popular.

I love my KP. The base is wider than a KC and can stand on its own. Since it is small, I only use it as an evening bag.
Mine is a matte gator bordeaux with permabrass hardware. It's an easy "lap" bag to use when going out for formal events while sitting around a ten top or eight top banquet table. It is also nice to have the handle, while standing around with a drink in hand. Lastly, I enjoy wearing it out for causal dinners. (I always ask for two napkins. One for use and the other to place over my bag sitting in my lap.) Hope this helps. One last comment: I think that if some people say that it can lose its shape may be due to the fact that they are overstuffing it.

I love my KP. The base is wider than a KC and can stand on its own. Since it is small, I only use it as an evening bag.
Mine is a matte gator bordeaux with permabrass hardware. It's an easy "lap" bag to use when going out for formal events while sitting around a ten top or eight top banquet table. It is also nice to have the handle, while standing around with a drink in hand. Lastly, I enjoy wearing it out for causal dinners. (I always ask for two napkins. One for use and the other to place over my bag sitting in my lap.) Hope this helps. One last comment: I think that if some people say that it can lose its shape may be due to the fact that they are overstuffing it.
Sorry to divert the thread but that KP sounds dreamy! Matte gator Bordeaux!!! I'd love to see a picture if you don't mind.

Thank you! It is absolutely dreamy! I think a KP would be an extremely useful bag. I would love to add one to my small family one day. I do like the fact that it can stand n its own. I also feel like it can be used day and night.
Thank you so much, ODEDIHAIMS. It really is a versatile piece. I have worn this with a ballgown and with dark jeans, loafers, and a button down. I love how I am seeing pops of burgundy in florals this season. Makes the bag wearable in the summer.

View attachment 4068286

Here is my KP. Sorry OP for diverting.

OMG your KP is GORGEOUS!!

Thank you everyone for your help. After I stop drooling over Ladybaga’s bag I will try out my bag again. It’s functional, I love the look of it, yet for some reason I don’t reach for it. I’m trying to pare down my collection to pieces I will really use and not have things just to have them.

OMG your KP is GORGEOUS!!

Thank you everyone for your help. After I stop drooling over Ladybaga’s bag I will try out my bag again. It’s functional, I love the look of it, yet for some reason I don’t reach for it. I’m trying to pare down my collection to pieces I will really use and not have things just to have them.
Thank you! I find that it is easy to use when I don’t have to haul a lot of things. Lipstick, keys, iPhone, license and $ fit perfectly, leaving some wiggle room.