Kelly Elan - some questions

HKB

May 2, 2007
I have just found out about the Kelly Elan through some of the posts on this site and wanted to ask a couple of quick questions:
- does it come in just the one size?
- is the size a good one to use as an evening clutch? (or is it too big or too small?)
- any recommendations on leather if I was to try to get one in black and use as an evening bag? (box calf?)
- does anyone know how difficult it is to order one of these? (I am heading to Paris in few weeks where I was able to order my first Birkin last year so am hoping to see the same SA and try my luck)
- final question: any idea about approximate price?

Thanks so much in advance for any information that you are able to provide.

I have one and I adore it! To help with your questions.....

As far as I know it only comes in the one size.
It's the perfect size for evenings out and luncheons.....holds all your essentials (compact wallet, keys, cell, some makeup).
Mine is Black Chamonix with Gold hardware...the perfect combination for an evening bag.
I don't know how difficult it is to order one but I DO know it is a special order.
On price I'd be prepared to spend around $4,500.00 USD but it could be more by now.....

I hope this helps and I hope you find one because if you do, you will LOVE it!

S'Mom - thanks for your very helpful response and I am so glad that you are loving the Kelly Elan. I will definitely try and see if I can view (and maybe order) one when at the flagship store in Paris in few weeks.

Does anyone else have any thoughts ....?

Many thanks in advance!

S'Mom (or anyone else who might know) - another question that I should have asked from the beginning: roughly what are the measurements of your Kelly Elan?
Many thanks