Kelly Danse - please help me chose colour!

MaggyH

O.G.
Mar 1, 2011
Dear Ladies/Gents,

I am going to my local H to try to place a PO for a Kelly Danse. I'm in love with this bag ever since I have tried it on last Summer, but it was in etoupe and I left it.
My wardrobe - mostly navy, beige, blue, black, some red. I was thinking about playing it safe and getting my KD in either black, navy or Rouge H to go with my clothes, but maybe I should try a pop of colour instead? I think KD only comes in swift, but I'm not 100% sure about it.
I'd really appreciate your input!

I'm voting for black, but I usually keep things pretty safe! I wear a very neutral palette with a lot of black and find you can never go wrong with a black bag.
If it were me and I wanted a pop of color, Rouge H would be enough of a pop for me. I've made the mistake of going for a bright color (tosca) and I sold the bag because I never used it.

MaggyH, i would vote for Rouge H. it is a neutral color and I think it will go with every color from your wardrobe.

i am thinking of having a Kelly Danse myself too, but i have never seen it in real life. Do you know the measurement? Does it come with only one size? Can we get it only through PO?

Any Kelly Danse owners, could you please share some info with us? TIA.

To My knowledge the kelly Danse comes in one size. I never see it in the boutiques anymore. It is a great bag. I have used it at tailgates and other events were I want a small unobtrusive bag cross body. It can not hold a kelly wallet, but it will hold a bearn wallet. It is roughly 7 inches by 5 inches. Estimate have not measured it, please let us know when you get the bag please.

I think that it depends entirely on you...

On one hand, you seem to wear a lot of very neutral colours so I think that you could buy something bright and it would still mesh well with most of your wardrobe.

On the other hand, maybe you tend to buy a lot of neutral clothing because that is what you're drawn to and what you will ultimately be happy with in the long term.

One other thing to consider is how much you would like the bag to stand out. I tend to take more notice when I see someone carrying a brightly coloured bag. It stands out from the typical leather bag colours (black, brown, tan, taupe, etc.) and my eye is drawn to it. A neutral coloured bag is more discreet and will stand out much less, but will still be appreciated by those with a knowing eye!

For a subtle pop rouge H would be top of my list. It's neutral and adds a little zing without limiting its use, imho. If you want to play very, very safe, black would make my short list; however, if where you live is warm, then black would not make my list. The other consideration is usage. Where do you see yourself using it?

Thank you ladies for your input! I forgot to mention, that I would like this bag to be both for running my errands during the day and for going out with my DH/friends in the evening. I was thinking maybe a brighter red, or one in Mykonos/Bleu Electrique? I want it to be elegant, but with a little edge too, if you know what I mean!

I had an orange GP, bought it because it looked absolutely gorgeous, but sadly I hardly ever used it. I guess it was a little too bright for me, and in the end it went into a good home.

I have 2 friends who own Iris Kelly Danse - they use it to pop concerts or less-formal events which are great. If you want something that is not deviate too much from your wardrobe, perhaps iris / blue electrique / rouge H will work, or crocus / rouge casaque if you're also thinking the SS12 colours.

I have 2 friends who own Iris Kelly Danse - they use it to pop concerts or less-formal events which are great. If you want something that is not deviate too much from your wardrobe, perhaps iris / blue electrique / rouge H will work, or crocus / rouge casaque if you're also thinking the SS12 colours.

I love Iris! I will have to ask if it's still available though. I need to look at the 2012 colour swatches, as I haven't seen crocus IRL yet. I heard it's very similar to iris though? Do you know if your friend's KD are both in Swift leather? I wonder if I could get one in togo instead, I am a little afraid that I would scratch Swift easily.

Rumor is swift is discontinued. Rumor because this is new intel here. I have never seen them in togo; I wouldn't be afraid of swift. Tis less scratch prone than box.