Keep or exhange/return?

What do you think I should do???

• Keep both bags!

• Keep the satchel but exchange the Lily for a black satchel or something else...

• Keep Lily but exchange the burnt orange satchel for the black one.

• Return both bags and get something else...

Results are only viewable after voting.
there are honest people out here that have cut the tags off, and have not used the item (Im talking about myself) So saying that cutting the tags off means someone is lying about using a bag is ridiculous

I never said cutting the tags off = a used bag.

I said if you cut the tags off (or even left them on for that matter), used the bag, and then tried telling the SA it was never used that is lying.

If you don't use a bag, you didn't use it.

The OP clearly said she has used the bag in question but it still "looks" new so she wants to return it since now she decided it wasn't for her.

Bottom line......when you buy a bag you have to check it before you leave the store. When I exchanged my winter white Francine for a new one(zipper was sticking) instead of sending in my defective one to JAX as damaged the manager actually told the SA in front of me, this looks great don't "damage it out" to JAX. It was the last in the store. I check everything now.

Like everyone else is saying...you absolutely CANNOT return the bag if you've left your house with it, even ONE time!!! It just isn't right. I recently purchased a new Coach bag and I did only use it ONE time and did not like it. I had the tags, the receipt and I only had it for one day so I went right over to our "isolditonebay" store and sold it on ebay. I would never take it back to the store, I used it! Twice it has happened to me that I purchased what I believed was a new bag and it clearly was not....once was online from Neiman Marcus and when I went to put my stuff in the bag there was a Dorito chip in the zippered pocket!!!! It totally grossed me out!!! I called Neiman's and they immediately sent out a new one but that is really so disappointing when that happens. Another time I purchased a Hogan bag and it had bandaids in the pocket and once I purchased a wallet that had their insurance cards in a back pocket. I don't know if that had been used or if they were just trying it out but I have to tell you it is TOTALLY WRONG to return something you have used, even once. Just be happy that you have an outlet like ebay to try and recoup some of your money. Just MHO!!!

A few months ago I purchased a black Lily from a full priced Coach store, got it home and found someone's key in the zippered pocket! I didn't realize it until later because when they brought it out from the back room it was in the dustbag and in a Coach shopping bag, so I didn't look until I got home. The bag itself was not wrapped like a new one would be, no tag or packaging. When I returned it the SA was shocked:wtf:. SOMEONE had accepted a USED bag as a return at a Coach store! I was angry! That was their last one and I had them call another Coach store and luckily they had one in-What a runaround! You have to be careful even at a respected Coach boutique.

Last time I bought at Coach the bag I got had NO price tag at all. Does that mean it was a return? I though maybe that is some weird policy they just started. I didn't notice it until I got home b/c they gift wrapped it.

Last time I bought at Coach the bag I got had NO price tag at all. Does that mean it was a return? I though maybe that is some weird policy they just started. I didn't notice it until I got home b/c they gift wrapped it.
Most likely yes. I have seen some crazy stuff people have tried to pull. We had a SA accept a shoe return that was CLEARLY used. They were a white wedge sandal (don't remember the name) from a couple of seasons ago. You could see marks on the shoe where the toes were. It was discusting. The SA didn't pay enough attention and it pissed my manager off. They had to be damaged out obviously because there was no way anyone should buy them. I've seen people return bags that were obviously used and I think it's terrible. I would be pissed beyond belief if I payed a lot of money for a bag and it was used.

Last December I purchased a pair of gold flats for my mom from a local Coach store and had the flats shipped out to my house. When the shoes arrived, the bottom of the shoes were all scuffed up. It was such a disappointment as the shoes were a birthday gift to my mom. I immediately called the store and explained the situation to the SA that had sold me the shoes. He was very apologetic and placed a new order for another pair of shoes directly from JAX this time around. He also made note that I would be returning the used pair of flats within the next few days so that if he wasn't available when I made the return, the rest of the Coach staff would be made aware of the situation beforehand.

Not necessarily - sometimes when they gift wrap an item don't they take the tag off? I thought I read that on here somewhere... :confused1:

I've had 1 - 2 of my Coach bags that were delivered to me directly from JAX without a Coach price tag on them. If I purchase directly from the the Coach store, sometimes they'll take off the price tag but the majority of the time they leave the price tag on the hand bag.

Not necessarily - sometimes when they gift wrap an item don't they take the tag off? I thought I read that on here somewhere... :confused1:

usually they cut the bottom half off w/the price on it

When I received my bleecker hobo it had a tag for a scarf in it, that I hadn't even bought! So I think it may have been a display. And another time there was a receipt for taco bell in a wallet that I bought!!! I took it right back, just looking at the TB receipt gave me an upset stomach!

I think you should sell black Lily on ebay and then buy the satchel in black. I agree with the majority......I don't think its right to return a bag even if you used it only once. I just bought a Francine and it would make me sick to know I spent $800 on a bag that was used by someone else. Its just not right or fair.