Kate spade planner/agenda

Just wanted to update anyone who might be interested.

To review, I ordered my Rooster Red Cameron Street Agenda during the Fourth of July Sale. It's almost a month now. I have the original agenda I ordered and the two replacements they sent me. As I mentioned before, they were going to send a third replacement, but then retracted. Now it's this: I return all three agendas (Well, duh! Why would I want to keep defective products?!), and they will refund me.

The reason?
It's a manufacturing defect. The whole batch.
They told me they were pulling off all of them from the website. That was days ago. I check multiple times a day. They have not removed the agendas from their site; you can still order them.

I find that shady.
If you're still selling them, then find me a new one with good rings. If they're all bad, then why are you still selling them?

I've been playing phone tag with a manager/supervisor in customer care. It's so aggravating and disappointing. At this point, my whole perspective is not just for my own benefit (getting top-shelf service), but now I'm seeing it from a consumer advocate stance, which demands that a company (KSNY) is held accountable. Don't tell a consumer one thing, then do another.

I hope to satisfactorily resolve this matter this week.
In the meantime, I am looking into other brands.

The whole point of me ordering the agenda in the first place was to stay organized; now it's been weeks of headache and inconvenience.

Thank you for letting me share/vent.
That's disappointing. The thing that gets me the most is that they would say one thing (take the agendas off the site) and do another.

Reactions: BlackGrayRed
I'm sorry to hear your experience with the planner. I was looking forward to getting one for 2018 but after so many comments about the faulty rings I'm probably better off sticking to the normal agendas. Unless I am able to choose it personally to ensure all rings are OK. :sad:

I know. ☹️
I would rethink ordering. If you do, just be ready to do (multiple) exchanges. Like I said, I was told it was a manufacturing defect (although I'm still unclear, because I have not received any definitive answers, which "batch" is defective). And I just checked. The exact model I want is still available for purchase online. How long does it take to remove an item selection from your site?! I don't think it would take days. You just remove it.

Good luck with finding a suitable agenda.
Have you considered Filofax or any other brand?

That's disappointing. The thing that gets me the most is that they would say one thing (take the agendas off the site) and do another.

Exactly!
That makes me question the company's integrity, values, and selling tactics.
In the same voicemail, that supervisor also said that if I (or other costumers) do try to order the same agenda now, the order could still go through (I know it would...I've tried several times to see if somehow it would be blocked, since they're 'removing them from the site"). What?! And that the customer would most likely receive a defective agenda, too (since the batch is defective)! So why sell them in the first place?!
That's just deceptive to me.
I still haven't heard back when I called and left a voicemail on Thursday.
If I don't hear back by tomorrow, I am seriously considering formally filing something with the BBB and/or another consumer advocacy agency.

Reactions: cuppateatime
FWIW, the rings in the KS planners are known to be wonky. There are a few you tube videos that show how to get them closed. I have a few KS planners and I use them without difficulty.

FWIW, the rings in the KS planners are known to be wonky. There are a few you tube videos that show how to get them closed. I have a few KS planners and I use them without difficulty.

Thanks!

I did watch a handful of videos on how to fix planner rings and tried. No luck. The rings are just too misaligned and gapped.

Still no reply from my voicemail message from last Thursday. Nice. Ugh.

Just ordered my second agenda from this sale! I already have the cameron street in pink bonnet. Got that one when the early july sale was going on. I really wanted a black one though too but don't want to pay full price for the cameron street one. My first one only had 1 slightly misaligned ring, the rest were fine though. Hopefully the one I just ordered will be ok too.

It looks like the surprise sale agendas do not come with inserts. It might be worth while to check with your local outlet. My outlet was selling these for $59 and they all came with the new 2018 inserts. The handful I looked at had perfectly aligned rings.

It did say under the description that August 2017 - December 2018 inserts are included, that was one of the reasons I got it. I hope it does come with the inserts. My Cameron Street only came with the inserts up to December 2017. I really like the Kate Spade inserts, its my first time using them. I usually get the LV ones and those alone end up costing as much as this agenda plus inserts.

Unfortunately I don't have a Kate spade outlet or boutique near me so I can't take advantage of those prices :sad: plus I live in Canada so I'm also paying exchange but it still works out better than most other options for me. So happy to have discovered Kate Spade Agendas!!

Reactions: tonij2000
Too bad the company doesn't sell inserts separately on a yearly basis.

I don't want to buy a new full agenda (even on sale) every year!

Thanks again!

They did the past 2 years but this year for some reason, they haven't released the agendas for sale on their own. I was told in August they'd release them. Then again I've been told September they'd release them. Another thing I noticed was that this year, the agenda's aren't priced so high anymore and they're actually on sale at the outlets for $59 with the 2017-2018 inserts. Not sure if they're going to discontinue selling inserts alone (could be because they want you to buy the agenda's so they make more money)

Idk that's just a theory lol but yeah, I'd check in september again. or call the boutiques and ask around because a girl on one of the facebook groups said she bought them at her retail store.

Well, I'm not happy.

I have been sent three different Cameron Street agendas--the last one (third) they sent me was the worse of them all.
I'm so disappointed and frustrated.
Having that second replacement (third agenda) sent to me took longer to ship and was not as easy to process.
Now I don't know if I should go for a third replacement, which would be the fourth agenda!

I checked out the same agenda (but in black and with 2017-2018 inserts) at two different stores, and the ones they had also had ring issues.

What is going on?!

My goal was to get better organized, and I've spent the last three weeks dealing with all this.

Should I try again?
Is there a limit to how many times they can send a replacement/exchange for the same exact item due to defect issues?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Just wanted to update anyone who might be interested.

To review, I ordered my Rooster Red Cameron Street Agenda during the Fourth of July Sale. It's almost a month now. I have the original agenda I ordered and the two replacements they sent me. As I mentioned before, they were going to send a third replacement, but then retracted. Now it's this: I return all three agendas (Well, duh! Why would I want to keep defective products?!), and they will refund me.

The reason?
It's a manufacturing defect. The whole batch.
They told me they were pulling off all of them from the website. That was days ago. I check multiple times a day. They have not removed the agendas from their site; you can still order them.

I find that shady.
If you're still selling them, then find me a new one with good rings. If they're all bad, then why are you still selling them?

I've been playing phone tag with a manager/supervisor in customer care. It's so aggravating and disappointing. At this point, my whole perspective is not just for my own benefit (getting top-shelf service), but now I'm seeing it from a consumer advocate stance, which demands that a company (KSNY) is held accountable. Don't tell a consumer one thing, then do another.

I hope to satisfactorily resolve this matter this week.
In the meantime, I am looking into other brands.

The whole point of me ordering the agenda in the first place was to stay organized; now it's been weeks of headache and inconvenience.

Thank you for letting me share/vent.
\

Oh my god!!! There have been a couple agenda's KS released that had hella bad quality rings! I wanna say it was the 2015 cabaret pink wellesleys, the black wellesleys with pink interior, and our cameron street line! Compared to my 2014 wellesley, the new rings are lightweight and have misalignment and gapping issues. I ordered my cameron street a couple months ago when they were on sale and I was so scared they'd come with ring issues. It arrived with a minor misaligned ring and a gap on one of them..not too big but still noticeable. I had l went in store to see if I could exchange with a better one and like you, I noticed they were all BAD. I have mine still now and Im mad I paid what I did for this agenda. Even if it was on sale lol.

I just went in my local outlet to buy the new pink bonnet grove street agenda.. it has the 2017-2018 inserts and let me tell you...

THOSE RINGS ARE AMAZING! They must have heard the complaints and finally did something about the stupid rings. They're super heavy duty and compared to my 2014 wellesley, they're pretty much the same. No gapping issues and no misalignment. All the grove street agenda's were like that too so I know they perfected this batch at the outlets. Its a shame they raised up the prices on their retail agenda's but the rings they used were cheap as ****. I would have kept the pink bonnet grove street had they made it in a red color like the rooster red I have. I don't like the cherry liqueur color they have. Or even in a black one without the logo plaque in front.

Anyway it seems like kate spade got their **** together with the outlet planners but can't get it right with the retail. not sure if i wanna purchase any more agenda's with all this inconsistency.

It looks like the surprise sale agendas do not come with inserts. It might be worth while to check with your local outlet. My outlet was selling these for $59 and they all came with the new 2018 inserts. The handful I looked at had perfectly aligned rings.

It did say under the description that August 2017 - December 2018 inserts are included, that was one of the reasons I got it. I hope it does come with the inserts. My Cameron Street only came with the inserts up to December 2017. I really like the Kate Spade inserts, its my first time using them. I usually get the LV ones and those alone end up costing as much as this agenda plus inserts.

Unfortunately I don't have a Kate spade outlet or boutique near me so I can't take advantage of those prices :sad: plus I live in Canada so I'm also paying exchange but it still works out better than most other options for me. So happy to have discovered Kate Spade Agendas!!

Oops, I don't know how I missed that in the description. I just had it stuck in my head that the surprise sale ones don't come with inserts.

Update on the Grove Street Agenda that I ordered from the surprise sale. It's perfect! The rings are perfectly aligned. It came with the 2017/2018 inserts, which is what I was hoping for. It was in perfect condition. I do have to say though, overall compared to the Cameron Street I have, the leather isn't as good quality. It's much lighter, and just doesn't feel as luxurious to touch. I still love it though and have moved into it for the time being. If the black in Cameron Street ever goes on sale I would still get that.

One thing I will mention is that if you're the type to over stuff your agenda, its harder to do with the Grove Street as it doesn't seem to have as much give. But I noticed that due to over stuffing of my Cameron Street, the zipper on it bulges out a bit now. If I ever get the black Cameron Street, I will have to be more careful not to let that happen.

Great news about the new outlet planners released in 2017 (both Wellesley & Grove street) have the old quality of rings now! Yay! In 2015-2016 the planners were priced high and the rings were cheap. I just got 2 planners and theyre the same sturdy shiny gold rings from my 2014 Wellesley!

So the promo at the outlets are having a 60% off w/ additional 20% deal. I called and asked and I was told that the planners with 2017 are for $15/$16. Planners with 2018 inserts are $49 (no promo on these ones). When I told you I zoomed to the outlets, I zoooomed. Mind you the rings are great but the planners were touched so much that most had damage to the leather (scuffs and what not)

I asked another SA on the floor, to double check, and she mentioned that they were $16. I waited in line and got rung up and the cashier said that the planners aren't apart of the promo. I was just about to tell her what another SA told me but before I could, the SA came up to the cashier and said that it was ok to alter the price because $16 is what she told me. They honored the price they originally told me and let me have both planners! So in total I paid about $34 for not one but TWO kate spade agendas! You know how crazy these planners are being sold for? Even just for the basic colors. So they wellesley is pretty common and not that amazing but still, for the price, you can't beat it.